"Tutukaka Coasts, Northland." Tutukaka by Robdaz
Tutukaka Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 33 photos
If you take the east coast loop road from Whangarei to the riverside village of Ngunguru you will arrived at the sheltered natural harbour of Tutukaka and the many beautiful beautiful beaches/bays along the coasts.
We spent 3 days camping with friends, our first camping experience and will no doubt be the first of many.
While the weather was causing havoc, flooding camp grounds up and down the country, we were lucky enough to have a fantastic 4 days of dry weather and the 2 days of clear blue sky.
We spent most of our time, going to the different beaches and driving to visit the small towns along the coasts all the way to Whananaki.
The Tutukaka Coasts is a well known as the diving capital of NZ . Their is ship wrecks to visits and it is the gateway to the Poor Knight's Island. There are also plenty fishing opportunity for those interested .Unfortunately, we did get the chance to try it this time.
The BBQ area where we have a little birthday celebration for 1 year old Jesse.
Our transportation.........Tutukaka is only about 2 hour leisurely drive from Auckland. On the way there you will pass through Whangarei where you can get some groceries , drinks or get a meals. From Whangarei it's another 30 mins drive to Tutukaka through rolling hills.
- Pros:Nice fishing and diving area. Beautiful beaches!
A short drive from our campground you will reach whanakaki, another stretch of white sandy beach. The day we were there... more travel advice
Robdaz's Related Pages
Tutukaka Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Tutukaka
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tutukaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tutukaka
Photos in TutukakaSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Reinga Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tutukaka Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Matauri Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Puhoi Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Kerikeri Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos