"Warkworth" Warkworth by Robdaz
Warkworth Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Warkworth is a town in the Rodney District of New Zealand . It is located on State Highway 1, 64 km north of Auckland.
It's a great place to go on a nice sunny drive during the weekend. Along the way on highway 1 north to warkworth you will come across several places of interests worth making a stop for if you are not in too much of a hurry rushing off to the far north.
A little bit if history about the place.Warkworth was founded in 1853 by John Anderson Brown, who named it after his birthplace, the village of Warkworth, Northumberland. Early industry included logging (for kauri and other timbers), flour milling and boat-building.
A great link to go to if you want to know more about warkworth is this link: http://www.warkworth-information.co.nz/.
A nice stop where you can see a very big kauri tree and go for a short forest walk. There is also a small cafe on... more travel advice
This is a great stop to take a short break for tea and coffee while the kids will be entertain next door watching buzzy... more travel advice
Robdaz's Related Pages
Warkworth Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Warkworth
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Warkworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warkworth
Photos in WarkworthSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Reinga Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tutukaka Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Matauri Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Puhoi Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Kerikeri Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos