"G' Day Mate ! Welcome to Melbourne!!" Melbourne by Robdaz
Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,373 reviews and 7,594 photos
We woke up early to take the early morning flight from Auckland Airport to Melbourne. It's a 3 hours flight by Qantas. We were quite excited as we have not been to Melbourne and also it will be the start of a long 5 weeks holiday that will take us to Singapore and Malaysia.
It was an very enjoyable trip and we saw most of the city sights and make a fantastic day trip to see Twelve Apostles at Port Campbell National Park. It is also the first overseas trip that I made since joining VT , so I was determined to record as much as I can to share it with you all. Unfortunately , I accidentally deleted most my first day photos by pressing the wrong button on my trusty digital camera where we spent walking aorund the city and Victoria Park Market. You guys will know how that feel @#$%&%!
I loved the cosmospolitan nature of the place , we ran into a great big Greek fun fair on our first night at the Greek Precinct, where we have our dinner at a greek restaurant and over the next few days , we have chinese , italian and Thai food.
What I enjoyed most about the city was the great victorian architecture, statues,parks and reserves, which give this city sited the Yarra River a lot of character .
The Trams in Melbourne are great and add to the atmosphere of the place. They are convenient to use.
- Pros:Free transport around the city using the red city circle tram.
This is a great place to sit and watch Melbourne. There was a number of baskers there when we visited to keep my girl... more travel advice
Over the last few years this is the newest areas of developement on the western part of the city . It has grown from a... more travel advice
Robdaz's Related Pages
Melbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wherever I Lay My Hat - That's My Home"
- "Melbourne - Our Home for 2005 and 2006"
- "IMPREXXION: MELBOURNE"
- "Melbourne is a Dive"
- "Sweetberry's "Melbourne Page""
- "Melbourne - The Place to Be"
- "Melbourne - My Second Home !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melbourne
- Hotels in Melbourne
- Transportation in Melbourne
- Nightlife in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Warnings and Dangers in Melbourne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melbourne
- 16 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melbourne
- Uploaded a Photo to "Carlton Gardens and The Royal Exhibition Buildings"
- updated a Melbourne Travel Page "G' Day Mate ! Welcome to Melbourne!!"
- Wrote a Review Around the City in Melbourne Transportation
- Commented on one of eviltooth's Melbourne travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: Rob & Amber - Amazing Race..."
Photos in MelbourneSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuching Intro, 30 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Reinga Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tutukaka Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Singapore Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Matauri Bay Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Puhoi Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Kerikeri Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos