"G' Day Mate ! Welcome to Melbourne!!" Melbourne by Robdaz

Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,382 reviews and 7,618 photos

We woke up early to take the early morning flight from Auckland Airport to Melbourne. It's a 3 hours flight by Qantas. We were quite excited as we have not been to Melbourne and also it will be the start of a long 5 weeks holiday that will take us to Singapore and Malaysia.

It was an very enjoyable trip and we saw most of the city sights and make a fantastic day trip to see Twelve Apostles at Port Campbell National Park. It is also the first overseas trip that I made since joining VT , so I was determined to record as much as I can to share it with you all. Unfortunately , I accidentally deleted most my first day photos by pressing the wrong button on my trusty digital camera where we spent walking aorund the city and Victoria Park Market. You guys will know how that feel @#$%&%!

I loved the cosmospolitan nature of the place , we ran into a great big Greek fun fair on our first night at the Greek Precinct, where we have our dinner at a greek restaurant and over the next few days , we have chinese , italian and Thai food.

The Statutes and old architectures

What I enjoyed most about the city was the great victorian architecture, statues,parks and reserves, which give this city sited the Yarra River a lot of character .

The Trams.

The Trams in Melbourne are great and add to the atmosphere of the place. They are convenient to use.

• Pros:Free transport around the city using the red city circle tram.
  • Last visit to Melbourne: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 4, 2005

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2006 at 8:11 PM

Hmmm... That's seems to be lovly place. I have good friends but, unfortunatelly, I didn't manage to visit them when in Aus. Hope to come back.

• travelife's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2005 at 5:52 PM

Fab. page. It was treat readin your page! Nice photos!

Robdaz

“Life is a journey and you are the one who decide the which path to take at any time.”

Badges & Stats in Melbourne

Have you been to Melbourne?