"Karlstejn" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstejn by PeteG
Karlstejn Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 71 photos
Karlstejn is about 30 minutes outside of Prague in the beautiful Czech countryside.
The town/village itself is quite small and does not have a lot of amenities. However, it is lovely. It is on the river which flows all the way to Prague where you can fish, kayak, or walk the river banks.
Also in the area is some fantastic climbing. It is based around an old quarried cliff face and would suit beginners to intermediate climbers and is great fun.
One great thing about Karlstejn is that although you have the benefit and peace of staying somewhere rural, Prague is nearby.
Cross the bridge over the river and you will find the railway station. The trains run on time, are very cheap to use, and are lovely and clean. Anyone used to travelling by train in the UK will be delighted!
- Pros:Very quiet, easy access to Prague and the countryside
- Cons:Very quiet
- In a nutshell:A great base for exploring more than just Prague
If you get the opportunity, climb in Karlstejn. I'm sure it isn't difficult for advanced climbers, but for the rest of... more travel advice
PeteG's Related Pages
Karlstejn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlstejn Castle"
- "A must-see in Czech Republic"
- "KARLSTEJN CASTLE"
- "Karlštejn - small town with large castle"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karlstejn
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Karlstejn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlstejn
Top 10 Pages
- Jaipur Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pushkar Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Petra Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ngorongoro Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Manyara National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fatehpur Sikri Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 1 travelogue