"Encamp" Encamp by PeteG
Encamp Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 21 photos
I didn't spend anytime in Encamp, but more in the area around Encamp. It is so pretty.
We spent out time out on the mountain bikes, and although there are some brilliant downhills to fully test your brakes and nerves, I would recommend the purpose built track up by the lake/reservoir in the mountains above Encamp. The track is completely flat (which is a first in Andorra!) and has been cut into the mountain side. Drive up to the car park and go from there!
There are a couple of cafe / restaurants at the reservoir were you can relax with a drink, ice cream, or lunch.
What little flat land there is in the area is quite often planted with tobacco plants. These are only small fields and are tended and harvested by hand.
As Andorra is tax free and buying cigarettes is cheap there, the Andorran government have done deals with the makers that they will only allow their goods into the country if they will buy Andorran grown tobacco. It isn't brilliant quality apparently and this law is changing in 2008 which is widely expected to end tobacco growing in Andorra.
There is a fantastic looking climbing wall by the main road in Encamp. It is in the shape of a shard or very tall stretched triangle. It looks spectacular!
In fact there are lots of opportunities in the area to climb whether you are a novice or expert.
- Pros:Amazing countryside, great biking and climbing
- Cons:Small village with limited facilities
There are lots of brilliant downhills to blast down and test your breaks - or drive up near the lake above the town and... more travel advice
PeteG's Related Pages
Encamp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stop in Encamp!"
- "vicky_cannae's new Encamp page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Encamp
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Encamp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Encamp
Photos in EncampSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Jaipur Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pushkar Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Petra Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ngorongoro Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Manyara National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fatehpur Sikri Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 1 travelogue