"Karatu" Karatu by PeteG
Karatu Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 11 photos
Karatu is a town you will quite likely stop in on the way from Arusha or Lake Manyara, on your way to the Serengeti or Ngorongoro.
It has a great market where you can buy all manner of food and other goods and is a friendly and interesting place to walk around.
There is a beautiful campsite at Karatu. Infact, it is one of the most lovely campsites I have stayed in anywhere in the world.
Great showers, landscaped gardens and even a bar!
The campsite is planted with cactus and other fantastically coloured flowers.
Karatu is a friendly please to have a walk about. If you are on safari then you should take the opportunity to stretch... more travel advice
PeteG's Related Pages
Karatu Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karatu
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Karatu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karatu
Top 10 Pages
- Jaipur Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pushkar Intro, 8 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Petra Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ngorongoro Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Serengeti National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Manyara National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fatehpur Sikri Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 1 travelogue