"Clear & Present Danger?" Cuba by SharrieShaw

Cuba Travel Guide: 5,233 reviews and 12,922 photos

Sep. 06, 2006.

I've absolute no interest in politics. Nor do I know or want to talk about politics of any kind.
Politics are just politics. They come in all forms & circumstances.
Countries & even more so leaders been labeled "dangerous" because politically they have different agendas from those we are used to. We as in people from democratic countries.

Ok, that's all I've to say about the so called politics.

Commonly known, Cuba & North Korea are 2 examples of countries which have been labeled by the western world to be akin to "timebombs". In other words, under red alerts & possibly highly dangerous.

Recently, I personally experienced the concept of "danger".
People label a situation or a person dangerous when it is or he/she is beyond our comfort zone.
So, in actual fact, it is our comfort zone that had been "threatened", hence "dangerous".
That's my personal perception & experience.
What about yours?

My next question then is, is it our own intolerance of our comfort zones that had others labeled as "dangerous" or is it a case of clear & present danger?

What has this got to do with Cuba?
Well, I think it's the answer to the above question that will direct your path as to visit a country or not.
What's popularly believed doesn't mean it's correctly perceived.
It is up to each & everyone of us to decide for ourselves if what we believe in is what our reality ought to be.
I believe it is a risk we all have to take for ourselves; each & every one of us.
The test will come in all aspects of life & until one knows how to distinguish between what one knows to be true and what one fears simply because it threatened our comfort zone, one's life will always be in a state of flux.
Who would you believe in totally other than yourself? Your spouse? Your parents? Your friends? Your government? Or no one?

World Heritage Sites & Cities

Cuba World Heritage List

Old Havana and its Fortifications (1982)
Trinidad and the Valley de los Ingenios (1988)

San Pedro de la Roca Castle, Santiago de Cuba (1997)
Desembarco del Granma National Park (1999)
Viñales Valley (1999)
Archaeological Landscape of the First Coffee Plantations in the South-East of Cuba (2000)
Alejandro de Humboldt National Park (2001)
Urban Historic Centre of Cienfuegos (2005)

Visited - Blue

• Last visit to Cuba: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2006

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 8:33 AM

Hi Sharrie, some great pics and memories here ! Greetz from Belgium

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 10:05 AM

Great pics. I have just booked my flight to Cuba. Now the planning starts :-)

SharrieShaw

“Simply impressions”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.