"People" Chile by SharrieShaw

Chile Travel Guide: 4,912 reviews and 13,636 photos

CHILE! I was there for Torres del Paine & the glaciers but I'll return for its people & cuisine. Strange how one's reality unfolds in this world. People... yes, people does that. There's a song from a long long time ago which I heard on tv once; it left a lasting impression. Same goes for a friend whom I once talked to, a friend whom I'll remember & cherish for always. The song is "People" & here's the lyrics:

People,
People who need people,
Are the luckiest people in the world
We're children, needing other children
And yet letting a grown-up pride
Hide all the need inside
Acting more like children than children

Lovers are very special people
They're the luckiest people in the world
With one person one very special person
A feeling deep in your soul
Says you were half now you're whole
No more hunger and thirst

But first be a person who needs people
People who need people
Are the luckiest people in the world
With one person one very special person
No more hunger and thirst

But first be a person who needs people
People who need people
Are the luckiest people in the world...

So, am I lucky or what? ;->

Yesterday, on my way home from Brazil, via Miami, & that was the longest flight I've ever been on (40 hours in all... from Foz do Iguacu), I was seated behind this little toddler (19 months) & she is just beyond doubt the most lovable child anyone could ever hope to see or be with. As we all know, if you are on a long distance flight, the worst fate would be sitting close to a baby or toddler. Yeah, most of them will "sing" like the whole world is listening & well, on a flight, u have no choice (& those little monsters know it & delight in their "power" to capture the adults' attention!) Ok, back to the adorable little one, here she was, sitting there & looking behind, curious & trusting... that's such a potent combo; I wish I could see that in an adult's eyes... here we are on an American airline & most probably have an idea of the risks involved as well, but just a little girl... that's all it needs, to reinstate faith in people. Where have that innocence in all of us disappeared to?! The soul of a little one... just one more time, oh God, let me see that once more! Please, pretty please!

Lovely, lovely people... & in Chile, if you look close enough, you'll find many :-)))

• Last visit to Chile: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated May 23, 2009

Comments

SharrieShaw

“Simply impressions”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.