"PATAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Patan by pink63
Patan Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 272 photos
Patan is the second largest city in Nepal, after Kathmandu.
It is separated from Kathmandu by Bagmati river.
In ancient times, it was named Lalitpur, the city of the beauty.
Its map is a mandala: in the centre there is the Royal Palace, from which four road branch out in all the cardinal points.
Owing to the amounts of its big temples, Patan is undoubtedly the cradle of the arts and of the architecture of the Nepal.
A view over the square. On the foreground, the golden statue of king Yoganarendra Malla on his knees and protected from... more travel advice
Inside the Mul Chowk there the Taleju temple, beside which there is one the one hand the brass Ganga statue riding a... more travel advice
pink63's Related Pages
Patan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The nicest place in Kathmandu Valley"
- "PATAN (Lalitpur in Sanskrit, or Yala in Newari)"
- "Patan the Ancient Capital of Nepal."
- "The City of Fine Art"
- "Old Royal City."
- "Patan Old Newari Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Patan
- Transportation in Patan
- Restaurants in Patan
- Shopping in Patan
- Warnings and Dangers in Patan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Patan
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Patan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Patan
Top 10 Pages
- Nepal Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asti Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tanzania Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Guilin Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kathmandu Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Patan Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- China 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Namibia Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhaktapur Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos