"Bustling Shanghai" Shanghai by trisanna
Shanghai Travel Guide: 3,086 reviews and 8,184 photos
Shanghai is definately one of the world's most impressive cities. The city is a mix of old and modern architecture that will easily impress you. We spent two days here on our way to Xi'an and wish we had another day or two. Walk along the bund with views of ultra modern Pudong is breath taking. Or take a stroll through the impressive Yuyuan gardens and bazaar.
What i recommend:
-Take a walk day and night on the Bund. Marvel at the archiecture of the past and the future in Pudong.
-Get lost in Yuyuan gardens and bazaar. Sample some yummy local cuisine.
-Study the past in the Shanghai museum
- For the bizarre, take the tourist tunnel from the bund to pudong or vice versa. Also a fast way to get to the other side of the Huangpu river.
-Walk the streets of the French conession area and see the famous European inspired buildings. Look out for some tudor homes and a few with chimneys.
- Pros:friendly people, the buildings at the bund, french conession
- Cons:pollution, traffic
- In a nutshell:A very cosmpolitan city with some lovely European architecture
The Yuyuan gardens is one of the premier sites of Shanghai. Constructed by a rich Ming dynasty family, which took 18... more travel advice
trisanna's Related Pages
Shanghai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sex and the city... so to speak."
- "Essence of Shanghai"
- "Shanghai! Its a lively city"
- "5 Days in Shanghai"
- "Shanghai - a classic blend of the old and the new"
- "Check out my blog - www.shanghai-eats.com"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shanghai
- Hotels in Shanghai
- Transportation in Shanghai
- Nightlife in Shanghai
- Restaurants in Shanghai
- Shopping in Shanghai
- Warnings and Dangers in Shanghai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shanghai
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Shanghai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanghai
Photos in ShanghaiSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 89 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 34 reviews, 31 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Songkhla Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue