"The Museum Town of Martin" Martin by trisanna
Martin Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 32 photos
Martin is a small town a few hours outside of Bratislava. It's quite a sleepy little place, but has a few interesting museums. In the past, the town was known as a nationalist centre. One of the branches of the Slovak National Museum is based here. Quite interesting and full of folk crafts. A little outside the city, is a skansen or open air museum filled with local homes, farm houses and a church. Anyone, who is in this area should come to Martin for this. Very interesting
There are other muesums in town, such as Turiec Museum (Natural History), Slovak National Literary Museum, Martin Benka Museum and other galleries.
- Pros:Lovely historic buildings at the Skansen, folk costumes at the National Museum
- Cons:a little sleepy
- In a nutshell:Interesting for a day trip
A skansen in an open air museum full of old buildings that are from all over Slovakia. There are farm houses, work... more travel advice
trisanna's Related Pages
Martin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Museum Town of Martin"
- "Sajt's new Martin Page"
- "Vrutky and surroundings"
- "Nice, little town"
- "Dumpling's new Martin Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Martin
- Hotels in Martin
- Transportation in Martin
- Restaurants in Martin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Martin
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Martin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martin
Photos in MartinSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 89 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 34 reviews, 31 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Songkhla Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue