"Home away from Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore by trisanna

Singapore Travel Guide: 4,570 reviews and 10,393 photos

Singapore is not just any Asian city to me. For almost five years, this has been my husband's and my home away from home. We came here with no place to live, no friends-just a job lined up. People here are so friendly and warm-we quickly became quite fond of this city/state.

Sometimes called, "Asia for beginners". Singapore is a very easy and modern country to get by in. There is hardly any cultural shock. It's clean, safe, and one of the greeniest cities i have ever seen. There is landscaping everywhere! It's not a concrete jungle here.

There is a lot to discover here and definately worth a layover between other destinations in southeast asia. Besides the shopping, Singapore has great food. Being home to various ethnic groups, Singapore has created a wonderful mix of flavors and textures in their cuisine. Unfortunately, Singapore has built over some of it's past-but there are still wonderful sites to see. There are world class museums. Stunning colorful shophouses and lush parks.

And don't buy the hype. We aren't that strict! Just avoid the drugs.

• Pros:so green, so modern, so safe
  • Cons:mediacorp
  • In a nutshell:great place to live and work
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2007

• Sep 10, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Loved reading your piece.. We are actually making a travel show & filming in Singapore next week. Would love some inputs from u if u are still there and would be interested. Do mail me on tarasharma123@gmail.com

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Hi, Trisanna! Thanks for your wonderful page about this splendid destination!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2008 at 5:24 AM

Great page on Singapore. Can't wait until I get there.

• xuessium's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Haven't "seen" you in a while Trisanna! How's life with Justin and the baby? Hope all's well woth parenthood! Thanks for dropping by my Athens page....and haha, yeah, no worries, me & my bro don't really look alike! Ha....

• Jul 26, 2007 at 2:33 PM

I loved the chimichanga and my wife loved the "kitchen-sink burrito" she ordered. Tiny portions. Weak drinks. They charge you for chips. The prices here are really high! We paid $130 Sing. for a meal and drinks for two.

• kelnsha's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 10:29 PM

Great Singapore tips, Trisanna. I'll be back for more. Cheers!

• Pimilan's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 10:44 AM

Huges pages of Singapore, i stay there long time before and it's look more nice today.

• schlumpf's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2005 at 11:01 AM

...here i am back working in Milan...arrggg...sooooo...was really great meeting you!!! The way back was orrible with all that stuff to bring home...! I will wait to meet you and your hus' in Wien then! Hugs y'all!

• THLIN's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2005 at 10:39 AM

Nice page...When to Taiwan?! Greets~~

• volarevolare's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2005 at 7:52 PM

Hi! :) Great page on Singapore!

trisanna Lives Here!

Badges & Stats in Singapore

Have you been to Singapore?