"Home away from Home" Singapore by trisanna
Singapore Travel Guide: 4,707 reviews and 10,779 photos
Singapore is not just any Asian city to me. For almost five years, this has been my husband's and my home away from home. We came here with no place to live, no friends-just a job lined up. People here are so friendly and warm-we quickly became quite fond of this city/state.
Sometimes called, "Asia for beginners". Singapore is a very easy and modern country to get by in. There is hardly any cultural shock. It's clean, safe, and one of the greeniest cities i have ever seen. There is landscaping everywhere! It's not a concrete jungle here.
There is a lot to discover here and definately worth a layover between other destinations in southeast asia. Besides the shopping, Singapore has great food. Being home to various ethnic groups, Singapore has created a wonderful mix of flavors and textures in their cuisine. Unfortunately, Singapore has built over some of it's past-but there are still wonderful sites to see. There are world class museums. Stunning colorful shophouses and lush parks.
And don't buy the hype. We aren't that strict! Just avoid the drugs.
- Pros:so green, so modern, so safe
- In a nutshell:great place to live and work
Singapore has a very active and agressive tourist board. They have locations throughout the city and at the airport. A... more travel advice
This restaurant is tucked away in the basement of Peninsula Plaza. This place serves nice Burmese food at a good price.... more travel advice
- See All Nice Indian Fashions
- See All Taman Warisan Melayu (Malay Heritage...
- See All threading
- See All Cheng Ho
trisanna's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- "Home away from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 89 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
- Posted in Travel Singapore Forum "Re: visit next week"
- updated a Singapore Travelogue "Singapore for Babies/Children- Attractions"
- Wrote a Review Great place for dumplings about Qun Zhong Eating House in Singapore Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Revolutionizing air travel"
- Commented on one of peerapa's Singapore travel pages
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 89 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 63 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chiang Mai Intro, 33 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 34 reviews, 31 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Songkhla Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue