"El Jardin del Noroeste (The Northeast garden)" Isabela by Marinel
Isabela Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 8 photos
In 1725 the first European settlers built a town near the Guajataca River and named it San Antonio de la Tuna. The area was later abandoned until the early 1800's when it was resettled. Isabela was founded on May 21, 1819. and named in honor of Isabel Queen of Spain.
Isabela is located in the north-western region of the island, north of San Sebastián; west of Quebradillas; and east of Aguadilla and Moca. The annual precipitation is around 62.8 inches, and its average temperature is 84.7°F.
Tourism, industry, dairy products, livestock, leather goods and tobacco are the principal economic activities.
Marinel's Related Pages
Isabela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Isabella"
- "Isabela best kept secret in Puerto Rico"
- "El Jardin del Noroeste (The Northeast garden)"
- "Puerto RICO!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isabela
- Hotels in Isabela
- Nightlife in Isabela
- Restaurants in Isabela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isabela
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Isabela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isabela
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 22 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cannes Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aguadilla Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Lajas Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antibes Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kansas City Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isabela Intro, 1 review, 4 photos