"Travel" ajphilly's Profile

Traveling has become a hobby of mine. My wife and I would love to win the lottery and spend the rest of our days traveling around the world. When I first starting traveling internationally in my 20s, I enjoyed what my wife refers to as "roughing it." It did not bother me to book overnight trains and stay in hostels. Since I was with friends, it was fun to travel with no plans and see where we would end up.

However, marriage has changed my traveling philsophy. We now look for good deals to stay at nice hotels to make our vacations enjoyable. I have to admit that I am getting accustomed to this way of traveling. We have found good deals during off-peak times that allow us to stay in nice places.

Before marriage when I traveled, my days would be packed with plenty of sights to see and things to do. I tried to get the most out of each city I visited. I did not want to miss a thing.

However, this has changed for me too! It does not bother me to miss some sights and things to see on vacation. I think the relaxed attitude allows allows us to spend more time just walking around each city to try to get the feel of it.

I am a meticulous planner. I make sure to plan the trip prior to our arrival. We decide what sights and museums are the most important for us to see and plan an iternary accordingly. We do not like to do many organized tours because they do not allow enough time at each spot.

In any event, I hope you find something interesting in our travel pages.

• Intro Updated Jun 10, 2005

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!