"Cedar Rapids, Iowa - New Pics, Check Travelogues" Top 5 Page for this destination Cedar Rapids by Jewelslover
Cedar Rapids Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 77 photos
Cedar Rapids, Iowa is one of those great towns to grow up in. I lived here for the first 16 years of my life. It's a cozy, medium sized town of around 100,000 people. Like any mid-western town, people are friendly, strangers are like old friends. The community is strong in arts, music, parks, and heritage. There are still lots of local businesses and restaurants that have been around forever.
Cedar Rapids has it's share of things to do. There are two major shopping malls, many restaurants, and attractions such as:
1) Cedar Rapids Museum of Art
2) Cedar Rapids Symphony
3) Indian Creek Nature Center
4) National Czech & Solvac Museum & Library
5) Science Station & IMAX Theater
6) Ushers Ferry Historic Village
7) Brucemore Mansion
8) Czech Village
9) Cedar Rapids History Center
Check out his website for info:
If visiting Cedar Rapids during the spring, summer, or fall, one thing you will notice is how nice and green everything is. There are beautiful flowers, nice lush grass, and huge leafy oak and maple trees everywhere. That's why the parks are my favorite part of this town. I'll be including many more pictures of the parks soon, since I'll be visiting again in May. The pictures don't really do them justice! You need to visit yourself!
In Cedar Rapids there are over 73 and 4,000 acres of city managed parks. Here is a list of my favorite in the Cedar Rapids area in no particular order (not all in town):
1) Ellis Park (my personal favorite)
2) Bever Park
3) Wapsipinicon State Park (in Anamosa)
4) Lake MacBride State Park (near Solon)
5) Palisades-Kepler State Park (near Mt Vernon)
6) Maquoketa Caves State Park (near Maquoketa)
- Pros:Beautiful Green Friendly Homey City
- Cons:Quite Cold in Winter, Hope You Like Snow!
I remember going to this park as a child distinctly because of the zoo. It's changed over the years, and it's now Old... more travel advice
The Paramount Theater was build in the 1920's. This 1901 seat theater hosts many events each year, from the Cedar Rapids... more travel advice
Jewelslover's Related Pages
Cedar Rapids Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cedar Rapids, Iowa - New Pics, Check Travelogues"
- "Jim_Eliason's Cedar Rapids Page"
- "My home town"
- "yeah quaker oats!!"
- "Czech Out Cedar Rapids!"
- "LauraLolly's Cedar Rapids page"
- "Only briefly...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cedar Rapids
- Hotels in Cedar Rapids
- Transportation in Cedar Rapids
- Nightlife in Cedar Rapids
- Restaurants in Cedar Rapids
- Shopping in Cedar Rapids
- Warnings and Dangers in Cedar Rapids
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cedar Rapids
- 16 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cedar Rapids?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cedar Rapids
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cedar Rapids Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osage Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parkville Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Shawnee Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warrensburg Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.