"Anamosa, Iowa" Anamosa by Jewelslover
Anamosa Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 4 photos
Anamosa is a small farming community located 20 miles east of Marion, (Cedar Rapids) Iowa. There is also a state prison located in Anamosa.
Anamosa is also the home of Wapsipinicon State Park. The park has some walking trails, and a couple of pretty cool caves. You can camp in one of the 30 campsites, or rent one of the park's two lodges. The park has a river for fishing and has a 9 hole golf course.
Every October Anamosa has their Pumpkin Festival. They have a parade, lots of food to eat, and crafts to look at. And of course the pumpkin contests.
I'm not sure if these were for sale, or just on display. These toy cars were antiques and most in very nice condition.
Anamosa has a wonderful state park. I love driving through or take the dogs for a walk here when I'm home to visit. There are a few short hiking trails through the woods. The river that runs through it is used for fishing. The "upside-down bridge" is a hit among children. This is where the water runs over the road so the cars have to drive through the water, which is not very deep, but you can park your car near it so the kids can take a look or get out and wade in the water. There are several small caves in the park. One called Horse Theifs Cave you had to crawl on your hands and knees to get back to a larger back room, but for safety reasons it has recently been cemented closed. You can still walk into a large open area at the mouth of the cave.
Jewelslover's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Anamosa
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Anamosa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anamosa
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cedar Rapids Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osage Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parkville Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Shawnee Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warrensburg Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.