"The Amana Colonies" Top 5 Page for this destination Amana by Jewelslover
Amana Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 100 photos
The Amana Colonies are a group of seven small German villages located southwest of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The villages were founded over 150 years ago and their purpose is to keep up traditional German heritage.
There are historical sites, restaurants, shops, and they frequently have special events.
It's a fun place to have a "girls day out". A very low-key place where you find friendly, hospitable locals. You will enjoy checking out the shops and just walking around and looking at the interesting old buildings. You'll feel like you've stepped back in time.
My favorite part of the Amana Colonies is the shopping and my favorite time to go is during the holiday season, before... more travel advice
Jewelslover's Related Pages
Amana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AMANA, TRUE INSPIRATION … JUST OFF I-80"
- "Times past...."
- "Amana on the Range"
- "The Amana Colonies"
- "Get off the Interstate"
- "Self-Sustaining Iowa Utopia for Tourists"
- "Amana Colonies"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Amana
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Amana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amana
Photos in AmanaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cedar Rapids Intro, 16 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Eureka Springs Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osage Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kansas City Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Parkville Intro, 8 reviews, 12 photos
- Shawnee Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warrensburg Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
Latest Amana hotel reviews
- Clarion Inn Amana Colonies and Wasserbahn Waterpark Resort
- 143 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013