Luxor Off The Beaten Path Tips by sayedaburas
Luxor Off The Beaten Path: 53 reviews and 93 photos
Hatshepsut temple from air
Queen Hatshepsut ruled Egypt from1486 till 1468. She tried her best to be a stong Pharaoh. She even ordered the schulptors to add a beard to her stautes. And cut her temple in a uniqe style to adapt the slope of the hill.
To have a full panorama zoom out from the sky, enjoy and explore.
Luxor from air
Luxor hosts one third of the world's ancient antiquities.
Luxor is a real open museum.
Try not to miss exploring it from the sky...
To compare Such Colossi (great) two statues of Memnon as well as Luxor landscape, try the balloon and have a collective panorama of such area, as a part of your lowest possible flight over Luxor.
Luxor —the city— is the world's greatest open air museum.
Ancient Greek poet Homer described it as "Thebes of the hundred gates". Luxor —the name— was derived from the Arabic word "al-qusoor" i.e. "the palaces".
Take a better taste, and go little bit higher to explore more.
About Cost? It is a bit less than one air ticket!
More Reviews (12)
sayedaburas' Related Pages
Luxor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "We are going to Luxor...."
- "One week in Luxor"
- "Two-Thirds of Egypt's Ruins are Here"
- "L U X O R"
- "Luxor - Nile Cruise"
- "Luxor Temple Pictures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Luxor
- Hotels in Luxor
- Transportation in Luxor
- Nightlife in Luxor
- Restaurants in Luxor
- Shopping in Luxor
- Warnings and Dangers in Luxor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Luxor
- 16 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 36 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Luxor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luxor
- Posted in Travel Alexandria Forum "Re: American woman traveling solo..."
- Commented on one of geordiebutcher's Luxor travel pages
- updated a Luxor Travel Page "Luxor, the world's biggest open museum"
- Wrote a Review Two Egyptian ambassadors about Valley of the Kings in Luxor Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Best Choice"
Photos in LuxorSee All Photos (23)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandria Intro, 41 reviews, 82 photos
- Luxor Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Temple of Abu Simbel Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- Red Sea Hills Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Greece Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (181)
- Valley of the Kings- 132 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Karnak Temple- 178 Reviews, 330 Photos
- Temple of Hatshepsut- 91 Reviews, 227 Photos
- Luxor Temple- 132 Reviews, 304 Photos
- Colossi of Memnon- 59 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Felluca Rides- 28 Reviews, 57 Photos
- The Souks or Market- 15 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Hot Air Balloon- 11 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Luxor Museum- 21 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Valley of the Nobles- 15 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Luxor Things to Do