"Cheltenham - The Place Of Spa and Culture" Top 5 Page for this destination Cheltenham by top_vapour
Cheltenham Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 244 photos
Cheltenham, offers many things to do and see. Unlike other towns, it has many boutique shops along with many chain stores that you see around the UK. Year round there are plenty of events, including the famous Literature, Jazz and Science festivals plus the renown Gold Cup horse racing festival.
Just outside of the town centre there are plenty of green parks which are fantastic for families on a summers day. At Montpellier gardens, sports facilities such as the outdoor tennis courts, children's playground and the skate-park have all been redeveloped. There is also Pittville Park (a 30 minute walk away from the centre where the Pittville Pump Rooms and lake are located).
The town is supported by fantastic transport links with the railway station being a 20 minute walk from the town centre (or use the 'D' bus service) and a small regional airport halfway between Cheltenham and Gloucester.
I have always taken pride in Cheltenham, for what it offers to its residents and to the tourists.
Further outside Cheltenham there are many hills and small villages. Leckhampton Hill and Cleeve Hill offer fantastic views on a sunny day and are great for family walks.
In addition to this, small picturesque villages such as Guiting Power, Stow-on-the-Wold and Brockhampton lie not far from Cheltenham. They show full use of the local Cotswold stone.
Many things have changed over the years in the centre of Cheltenham. New developments such as the Brewery offer many new restaurants that are easy to access and a brand new cinema which is fantastic for kids and adults alike.
The Regent's Arcade has undergone a major re-development to it's inside and outside. With a modern interior, many new shops have been introduced to Cheltenham including H&M and a bigger TK Maxx.
The town centre has some main shopping areas. Although it is hard to describe without a map, they are: The High Street (where you will find the arcade, Boots, Tescos and many small eateries; The Strand (down here you will find Sandford Park, a large branch of New Look, and several independent shops; finally there is also The Promenade and Montpellier. The Promenade's main feature is Cavendish House departmental store, and tree-line paved areas leading up hill towards the Queens Hotel and on towards Montpellier (an upmarket area full of independent boutique shops.
- Pros:Lots of scenery, style and culture
- Cons:The English weather (although that can't be helped)
- In a nutshell:It has everything!
Its one thing flying to and from a destination or taking a trial flight in a modern aircraft, but Tiger Airways offer... more travel advice
Only being 20 minutes walk from the town centre or a 5 minute bus journey , Cheltenham Spa Railway Station is ideally... more travel advice
top_vapour's Related Pages
Cheltenham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Racetrack and Spa"
- "Cheltenham - The Place Of Spa and Culture"
- "The Centre Of The Cotwolds"
- "Cheltenham as a Travel Base"
- "Cheltenham Spa ~ attractive Georgian town"
- "A Brief Day in Cheltenham"
- "Cheltenham: England's Other Spa Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cheltenham
- Hotels in Cheltenham
- Transportation in Cheltenham
- Nightlife in Cheltenham
- Restaurants in Cheltenham
- Shopping in Cheltenham
- Warnings and Dangers in Cheltenham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cheltenham
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cheltenham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheltenham
- updated a Cheltenham Travel Page "Cheltenham - The Place Of Spa and Culture"
- Wrote a Review Always Time For Tea! in Cheltenham Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Photo Mania! Come here for some fabulous shots!"
- Posted in Travel Cheltenham Forum "RE: car hire in london vs train..."
- Commented on one of domsmith's Cheltenham travel pages
Photos in CheltenhamSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cheltenham Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- London 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Isla de Tenerife 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Newquay Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Toronto Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Hua Hin 1 review, 3 photos
- Cologne 1 review, 1 photo
- Koblenz 1 review, 1 photo
- Cochem 1 review, 1 photo