"working in changchun" Top 5 Page for this destination Changchun by boiteku
Changchun Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 128 photos
This place should be called 长冬(long winter) instead od 长春 (long spring). Chinese love asking if it's so cold in your country too. To their susprise, it is, almost.
To my surpirise, Changchun is a quite pleasant place to live (short term) as for a industrial backwater.
It is not Shanghai, but gives a chance to experience real socialist China. Workin for Chinese goverment owned company gives even more chances.
I work for a German company building new paint shop for F.A.W. truck, where first Chinese automobile was constructed. No, not these 3 wheelers you can see on the streets.
I work as a chinese-polish and chinese-english interpreter. Nice job, even though speaking chinese and explaining things like how to use a hammer 10 hours a day can be tireing.
hate drinking chinese baijiu, no matter how much it costs, it tastes the same. But being a "foreign friend" can't refuse a couple of glasses, waiting for Chinese to fall asleep.
even crimes are not comitted from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., when all China eat and sleep.
- Pros:nice weather, nice people, tasty food,
- Cons:no nightlife, no japanese and korean food, por selection of dvd's
- In a nutshell:very far away from Shanghai
As anywhere in Chine, there is a place, where you can buy counterfeited clothes. They are cheap, if you can haggle about... more travel advice
Changchun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of Manchuria"
- "The City of the Unloved"
- "Changchun, capital of Manchuria during the 2nd WW"
- "working in changchun"
- "Changchun - City of Eternal Spring"
- "The Icy Chinese Northeast"
- "CHANGCHUN CITY, JILIN PROVINCE - OLD MANCHURIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Changchun
- Hotels in Changchun
- Transportation in Changchun
- Nightlife in Changchun
- Restaurants in Changchun
- Shopping in Changchun
- Warnings and Dangers in Changchun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Changchun
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Changchun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changchun
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (1)
No friends yet.