"On and Off the Road in TJ" Tijuana by Roadquill
Tijuana Travel Guide: 653 reviews and 1,053 photos
So it had been a few years since I went South of the Border. Even though we have family in TJ. We went down for a wedding, which makes it worth the effort just to see old friends and family.
Still the consumate tourist trap. Unfortunately, due to the time it takes to get back across to the US as well as the bad rap TJ has due to the violence business is down, down, down. I did not notice anything "dangerous", just everyone working, cruising around, shopping, eating,
Even with all 26 lanes open is still took us 1 hour, 45 minutes to go through customs. There is some entertainment value due the the vendors lined up on the highway as you inch your way up to US Customs.
- Cons:Getting back across the border
Roadquill's Related Pages
Tijuana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tijuana--South Of The Border!"
- "Gate to real Mexico :-)"
- "OVER THE BORDER"
- "Gone Fishing!"
- "Home away from home!"
- "Discovering Tijuana"
- "Tijuana - - - a land between countries"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tijuana
- Hotels in Tijuana
- Transportation in Tijuana
- Nightlife in Tijuana
- Restaurants in Tijuana
- Shopping in Tijuana
- Warnings and Dangers in Tijuana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tijuana
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Tijuana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tijuana
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pamplona Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 44 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues