"On and Off the Road in Paso Robles" Top 5 Page for this destination Paso Robles by Roadquill
Paso Robles Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 442 photos
They have been making wine in Paso Robles for quite some time. However, just in the past several years have the area started to produce some really good wines. The town still feels more working rural than say the rich rural one feels in Napa or Sonoma. We visited several wineries over a long weekend including Tobin James, Opolo, Rotta and Kenneth Volk. We enjoyed many of the wines, but there were more than few that I could have done without. But that is the fun of wine tasting. During our two and a half day stay we probably visited eight wineries. We missed visiting over 100.
After a beautiful drive through Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez, we stopped by the Tobin James Tasting room to start. This is a party atmosphere tasting room and we were double rewarded with tastings of some really good wines. You felt like you were in an old West saloon.
There are many wineries in Paso, and there is a great deal of experimentation, mixing wines of different kinds to create something interesting and tasty. Sometimes we felt the vinters were trying a little too much on mixing as the results were odd at best.
Nice size rooms, almost a suite. 2 large flatscreen TV's, nice facilities, plus a pool and a workout room. Located right... more travel advice
Rotta Winery is one of the oldest wineries in California, founded in 1856 by a Frenchman and acquired by the Rotta... more travel advice
Roadquill's Related Pages
Paso Robles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On and Off the Road in Paso Robles"
- "Wine Country 3 1/2 Hours from Los Angeles!"
- "I already want to go back!!!!"
- "Wonderful Southern California Wine Region"
- "Paso Robles - a wine stop"
- "GOOD OL" BURGERS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paso Robles
- Hotels in Paso Robles
- Transportation in Paso Robles
- Nightlife in Paso Robles
- Restaurants in Paso Robles
- Shopping in Paso Robles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paso Robles
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Paso Robles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paso Robles
- updated a Paso Robles Travel Page "On and Off the Road in Paso Robles"
- Posted in Travel Pamplona Forum "Re: length of time "
- Commented on one of GracesTrips's Paso Robles travel pages
- Wrote a Review One of the nicest hotels in Paso in Paso Robles Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of the nicest hotels in Paso"
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pamplona Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 44 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues