"On the Road in The Alps" Top 5 Page for this destination Alps by Roadquill

Alps Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 155 photos

Walking Around in Leysin

Sometimes the best views are in the most unlikely spots. As I was walking down the steps from the chalet to town, I happened by this gate. I did not follow the path and find out where it led. It will remain a mystery.

I flew 6,000 for What?

Fly into Geneva from Paris. Easy flight, but Air France did ding me for an extra luggage charge for my skis. Those B**tards! And then I had to wait around until my skiing buddies decided to drop in. And, oops, they don't take euros. Switz has this money thing called Swiss Francs or to make things more clear CH.

By early evening we were in our chalet in Leysin, which could have used a bit more snow.

The Search for Snow

When you ask in Switz where the best snow is, it seems everyone has an opinion, unfortunately, no knowledge. So off to Argentiere, Fr.

Another few feet of snow would have made it really nice. As far as skiing goes, even a little rock is not good. But the scenery was wonderful. The air crisp and cold and the sun was shinning.

• Last visit to Alps: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 21, 2005

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I could go for some of that raclette with onions, potatoes and cornicons right now. Don’t know about the cheesy musicians, though.

• PolinaS's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Oh, finally I've found picture of Argentierre on your pages ;) Snowy mountains... what can be better!

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 1:12 PM

It is always a good time for a Raclette when travelling around the Alps! Do not forget a glass of Fendant with it... Cheers from the Swiss Alps ;-)

Roadquill

“Vini Vici Vino and then I napped.....”

Badges & Stats in Alps