"On and Off the Road in Pszczyna" Pszczyna by Roadquill
Pszczyna Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 445 photos
If one could describe the perfect hunting lodge, the castle and grounds at Pscszyna Castle. Beautiful interior, but surrounding countryside was idyllic. The pond, complete with arched bridges, birds, and the trees reflecting in the pond was right out of a storybook. Inside the lodge/castle were skulls and horns of the game taken along side works of art and fine ceramics. It was rather odd that some of the "prized" treasures mounted on the wall were no larger than a rodent. They did not look like something to brag about. Later on in the hall of mirrors we listened to a concert for voice, harpsicord and cello. It seemed old, circa 1,300? but there was no explanation.
The small town was very well kept. I large square in the middle. Lots of shops surrounding the square, but many were closed. There was some kind of youth performance but I arrived as it was finishing. This bench, where you could sit next to Daisy Hochberg von Pless was on one corner of the square.
As I wandered through the town I was impressed by the murals on the walls of various buildings. more travel advice
Roadquill's Related Pages
Pszczyna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pszczyna -- Pearl of Upper Silesia"
- "My first meal in Poland!"
- "Psczcyna - Euromeet 2010 Excursion"
- "Pszczyna - do not try to pronounce it :-)"
- "A day-trip from Krakow"
- "CASTLE MUSEUM IN PSZCZYNA"
- "Don't try to pronounce it, just go visit."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pszczyna
- Hotels in Pszczyna
- Transportation in Pszczyna
- Nightlife in Pszczyna
- Restaurants in Pszczyna
- Shopping in Pszczyna
- Warnings and Dangers in Pszczyna
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pszczyna
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Pszczyna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pszczyna
Photos in PszczynaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pamplona Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 44 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues