"Verona - Wine and Balconies" Verona by Roadquill
Verona Travel Guide: 1,762 reviews and 4,536 photos
The Arena in Verona is a must see and certainly establishes the City.
Verona is home to some wonderful wines. We spent most of the day exploring the wine region just North of Verona. We rented a mini-van at the Bergamo Airport that would hold seven people and then headed of the Valpolicella wine area. While it was somewhat difficult to negotiate the small towns and roads, I had printed out maps of the area and when were felt we might be losing out way we enabled our iPhones and figured out were we were. It worked quite well. This also allowed us to take our time and enjoy the small, working villages in the area.
In addition to having a perfect name for a fine white wine...SOAVE... The wine became very popular in the 70's and the... more travel advice
Verona is right in the middle of Italy's second largest (after Chianti) DOC zone. The red wines are made primarily from... more travel advice
Roadquill's Related Pages
Verona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Verona "my town""
- "Verona - The City of Balconies"
- "Architecture & dancingqueens reaching for the sky"
- "My Verona"
- "Operas in the Arena"
- "Verona, a living museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Verona
- Hotels in Verona
- Transportation in Verona
- Nightlife in Verona
- Restaurants in Verona
- Shopping in Verona
- Warnings and Dangers in Verona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Verona
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Verona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Verona
- Posted in Travel Tanzania Forum "Re: Tanzania vs South Africa End..."
- Wrote a Review Soave - the White Wine from N. Italy in Verona Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Soave - the White Wine from N. Italy"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Verona travel pages
- updated a Verona Travel Page "Verona - Wine and Balconies"
Photos in VeronaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pamplona Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 44 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues