"On and Off the Road in Biarritz" Top 5 Page for this destination Biarritz by Roadquill
Biarritz Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 336 photos
After a late afternoon exploration, then dinner by the seafront I decided Biarritz is not my thing. While the wild sea, hammering the shaped rocks was awesome... and I could see that enjoying the wide expanse of the beach was a favorite pastime, along with the tide pools. However, the store fronts seemed contrived, and there was too much building out.
I arrived by bus, which drops you off conveniently by the tourist center. The tourist center is a 10 minute walk to the beach front. My hotel was a five minute walk, slightly uphill the other direction. Walking down to the beach front you pass Place Clemenceau, with a cadre of stores surrounding the pleasant square. Walking through the concrete passways, looking up at buildings designed to impress did not leave me in the mood for enjoying the beach. Once at the point there is a picturesque stone bridge to an small overlook.
- Pros:Pretty coastline
- Cons:Too touristy
The tall, white lighthouse stands out at the North end of the sweeping beach. The walk to the lighthouse was the subject... more travel advice
In the center of the beaches area, dividing the huge sunbathing beach from the tidal pools is a curved, stone/concrete... more travel advice
Roadquill's Related Pages
Biarritz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On and Off the Road in Biarritz"
- "My Day and Night in Biarritz"
- "Vacances de Tsars"
- "Biarritz - Surftown F-R-A-N-C-E"
- "Surfer's and Seafood's paradise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Biarritz
- Hotels in Biarritz
- Transportation in Biarritz
- Nightlife in Biarritz
- Restaurants in Biarritz
- Shopping in Biarritz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Biarritz
- 12 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Biarritz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Biarritz
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pamplona Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 44 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues