"On and Off the Road in Toulon" Top 5 Page for this destination Toulon by Roadquill
Toulon Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 331 photos
We visited Toulon as my wife and in laws' cruise ship anchored in the bay across from Toulon. We found the water taxi and headed over to Toulon, picked up a map, enjoyed the farmers market and a walk through the town.
The tourist shop provided us a free map that included several self directed walking tours by following brass plates in the streets.
The Genie de la Navigation Statue points out to sea.
The touristy area of Toulon is on the East side of the large bay. The Northern and Northeast area of the bay is mostly military as it France's primary naval yard. On the West end is Seyne sur mer, where several of the large cruise ships dock.
There are several museums, most of them open on Sunday when the Liberty docks. Unfortunately, other than a few places by the farmers market, most of the stores are closed on Sundays. Some of the museums are the Naval Museum, the Musee d'Art, the Hotel des Arts and the Musée du Vieux Toulon. Or you can just enjoy sitting by the port at any one of numerous cafes and have a few drinks or a nice meal.
Just off of cours Lafayette is the Cathedral Saint Marie de la Seds. Originally a Romanesque 11th Century church, it was... more travel advice
I always find some relief that in any city or large town there is at least one Irish Pub. Unfortunately, I was only in... more travel advice
Roadquill's Related Pages
Toulon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "… la chose enivrante: la liberté ! la liberté !"
- "On and Off the Road in Toulon"
- "Toulon - Mediterrannean coast"
- "Toulon - Starting Point of Napoleon"
- "Changed Plans"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toulon
- Hotels in Toulon
- Transportation in Toulon
- Nightlife in Toulon
- Restaurants in Toulon
- Shopping in Toulon
- Warnings and Dangers in Toulon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toulon
- 16 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Toulon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toulon
- Posted in Travel Pamplona Forum "Re: bus from Pamplona to Hendaye"
- Wrote a Review Cathedral Saint Marie-de-la-Seds in Toulon Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cathedral Saint Marie-de-la-Seds"
- updated a Toulon Travel Page "On and Off the Road in Toulon"
- Commented on one of Roadquill's Toulon travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 69 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pamplona Intro, 51 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 44 reviews, 83 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 38 reviews, 88 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 40 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carcassonne Intro, 31 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kiev Intro, 31 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 39 reviews, 52 photos
- Vienna Intro, 29 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valencia Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues