"What a beautiful island!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cumberland Island by Katmosphere
Cumberland Island Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 150 photos
My son and I drove the hour and a half north from Saint Augustine and took the ferry over to Cumberland Island. 16 Miles of white sand, undisturbed beaches. Rows of sand dunes as high as forty feet. It's the largest and most Southern of Georgia's barrier islands. The maritime forest covers roughly 15,000 acres. There is salt marsh and fresh water wetlands. Beautiful live oak trees draped with Spanish moss create a shady canopy for hiking. There are ruins, wild horses walking around, a cemetary, an ice museum ?, and some wonderful camping spots.
I don't think I've ever seen a beach like this in the States before. White sand and practically empty 16 miles of it!! more travel advice
This is a tiny cemetary, but on a lovely spot overlooking a fresh water marsh. more travel advice
Katmosphere's Related Pages
Cumberland Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beaches and Reaches"
- "What a beautiful island!!"
- "NATURE, HISTORY OR THE BEACH .... YOUR CHOICE"
- "Getting Away"
- "Cumberland Island"
- "luv2learn's Cumberland Island Page"
- "Cumberland Island National Seashore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cumberland Island
- Hotels in Cumberland Island
- Transportation in Cumberland Island
- Nightlife in Cumberland Island
- Restaurants in Cumberland Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Cumberland Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cumberland Island
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Cumberland Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cumberland Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine Intro, 42 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gainesville Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumberland Island Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocala Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Questa Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nederland Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palatka Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Chicago Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue