"Port to the Islands" Marang by 31Aug

Marang Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 15 photos

On my way to my first Snorkelling

My cousins then. One of my favourite photo subjects. They have great parents. It was my first snorkelling experience at my age and their first at their age. Nearby was a jetty where we took a boat across to Pulau Kapas.

This is Pulau Kapas

Near enough to see from shore, far enough to hear nothing from across. My very first clear water snorkelling and glimpse of colourful corals. Pretty scary at first, also because I wasn't a good swimmer, and I had to take care of my then little cousins. The coral bed was just about a beach ball throw away from the shore. Once we were on top of some part of the coral bed it was quite shallow and hardly anywhere to stand in the water without stepping on the corals. It was lowtide. So what happened sometimes was my youngest cousin then, would occasionally panic, and would pull on me, and then I would panic, then everybody would panic, we tried as hard not to stand, .... Beautiful isn't it?

It's quite occupied though with tourists 'cos it's really close to the mainland and access easy.

Fins and snorkelling goggles are available for rental.

• Pros:Sun, Beach & Relaxation.
  • Cons:The corals there may be dying from pollution.
  • In a nutshell:Worth a day trip, if you're in Terengganu, and in for a simple and nearby island getaway.
  • Last visit to Marang: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Jan 11, 2005

• Feb 1, 2008 at 7:14 AM

Lovely Page! Malaysia is in my travel planes!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 8:19 AM

The sun, the beach and snorkeling---sounds like a great vacation spot to me! Also, thanks for your very kind Birthday greetings!! Hope you are well!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2005 at 6:16 PM

Have Kancil, will drive. Cool update on east coast destinations. I just about to start my east coast pages.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 5:46 AM

The children to make wonderful photo subjects! What a beautiful, serene place Marang is. The accommodations look wonderful. I agree with Stephen that the hammock is enticing.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 12:18 PM

The accomodations look like the kind of place we would enjoy. The hammock looks so inviting - as does the entire place.

31Aug

“Go like it's the first time. Live it like there's no next time. And leave like you're gonna come back some time.”

Badges & Stats in Marang