"My Goa Experience" Top 5 Page for this destination Goa by Justin_goa
Goa Travel Guide: 2,084 reviews and 3,988 photos
I am from Kerala.. south of Kerala in Trivandrum is my home town. Just 12 kms off Kovalam beach. So, beach and beach life were not new to me..still I wonder what made me decide to move to Goa. can't be just beaches!!
I came to Goa in 2002 August without knowing much about the place. Happened to stay in 'Golden Eye Resort' in Calanagute for about 2 weeks... that 2 weeks made me decide to settle in Goa. So I moved in next year 2003 August..
Stayed in Golden Eye for 3 weeks till I found a reasonable accommodation. My life at the beach in Calangute was filled with fun...never realised weeks and months flying by. Now, I have completed my 5 years of stay in Goa..my folks back home tells me that I look like a Goan too...
Life has changed over the last 2years... Goa's corrupt political situation creates lot of socio-economical imbalance. People from North India started coming in with loads of money and started to buy properties and building hotels and huge apartment complexes. Local people cannot afford to buy property anymore. Europeans migrate to spend their retired life in Goa.Goa is turning to be another concrete jungle.. it's debris and garbage everywhere.. authorities are not capable or keen on handling these things. Crime rate is going up.. number of sex crimes have increased many folds.. drug dealers are walking free.. as usual authorities are playing blame game .. night life is not attractive anymore as there are so many restrictions on it. No more partying in Goa.. live music is not allowed after 10 pm!!
We are seriously considering to relocate to quieter parts...Goa is not Goa anymore!! What a shame...
Tourism in Goa is heading the wrong way at the moment..
- Pros:Quiet life, low cost of living, easy and relaxed life
- Cons:worst public service, transport. Shutting down during monsoon..
- In a nutshell:Great place if you have money in the bank and don't have to work hard for a living!!
The Waves restaurant offers you a variety of Goan and All Indian delicacies in its untouched versions to make you taste... more travel advice
Mahabaleshwar is a very popular hill station in Maharashtra because of its placid lakes, verdant hills and cascading... more travel advice
Justin_goa's Related Pages
Goa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gem that's Goa"
- "Sun, Sand, & Shacks in Goa"
- "My Goa Experience"
- "GOLDEN GOA - WHERE FUN NEVER SETS !"
- "Just right..."
- "Succulence, Sun, Spices & Shacks - GOA!"
- "Baga, Goa - just a taste of India"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Goa
- Hotels in Goa
- Transportation in Goa
- Nightlife in Goa
- Restaurants in Goa
- Shopping in Goa
- Warnings and Dangers in Goa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Goa
- 56 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 38 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Goa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goa
Photos in GoaSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Kerala Intro, 88 reviews, 155 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Intro, 56 reviews, 113 photos
- Udagamandalam Intro, 22 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Karnataka Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 22 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Rajasthan Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Bangalore Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Brighton Intro, 1 review, 8 photos