Aix-en-Provence Transportation Tips by rickyvilla81 Top 5 Page for this destination
Aix-en-Provence Transportation: 16 reviews and 8 photos
If you arrive in Marseille and wish to get to Aix, here's a tip - don't bother going by train. I don't know of anybody who uses the train in Aix, because if you just pass over to the Gare Routiere - bus station, sorry - you will find that there are buses between Aix and Marseille every ten minutes, on average, taking just under half an hour (compared to forty-five minutes by train, with much less frequency). It costs 4.10 Euros, but if you are in Aix and travelling regularly to Marseille, get a carnet of six for just 13 Euros - but tell them you are a student, they wont ask for ID. Even older folk get away with it.
Aix-en-Provence DOES have a TGV station. It is quite a distance from town however. There are shuttle buses that link the Airport to Aix, stopping off at the TGV in between - they run every half an hour (when thay aren't on greve). <p>
Alternatively, take the TGV to Marseille and get the shuttle from the Gare St.Charles (only 4.10 Euro). TGV gets from Paris in just three hours.
The nearest airport is "Marseille-Provence", at Marignanes, which is about fifty minutes by shuttle bus from Aix. Shuttles leave every thirty minutes. <p>If you want to fly via Nice beware - there are only two buses a day there and back. But the bus DOES go straight to Nice airport in two hours, no changing, so it is an advantage.<p>
Via Nimes, though (where Ryanair fly), is tricky. You have to get to Nimes itself from the airport, then get a train to Marseille, then a bus to Aix. It takes a long old time, too. Trust me, it aint worth it.
Aix is such a great place to walk around - in fact it's really all you can do to see this town, as the streets tend to be narrow and winding, and steep - but mind the dogspoo of course. You will discover lots of lovely little nooks, but buy a map - it's an easy town to be lost in.
More Reviews (59)
- See All Sipping exotic tea, Middle-East style
- See All Thermes and Conditions
- See All Market spices
- See All Salmon and Duck...
- See All Atelier Cezanne
- See All Hiking Boots
- See All Hike up St.Victoire
- See All Do some painting
- St.Victoire again
- See All They prefer suppositories here...
- Rip-off, rude Mirabeau
- See All The best place to kiss your lover
rickyvilla81's Related Pages
Aix-en-Provence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aix marks the Spot"
- "Ville d'eau, ville d'art."
- "WELCOME TO MY AIX-EN-PROVENCE PAGE ......:-)"
- "Aix-en-Provence - That real Provence feeling!"
- "Aix is OK by me"
- "Nice place for a scenic day trip!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aix-en-Provence
- Hotels in Aix-en-Provence
- Transportation in Aix-en-Provence
- Nightlife in Aix-en-Provence
- Restaurants in Aix-en-Provence
- Shopping in Aix-en-Provence
- Warnings and Dangers in Aix-en-Provence
- See All...
Explore the World
- Troutbeck Hotels
- North Yorkshire Hotels
- Cayucos Hotels
- Balikpapan Hotels
- Lago di Bolsena
- Poe Valley State Park
Badges & Stats in Aix-en-Provence
- 63 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Aix-en-Provence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aix-en-Provence
- updated a Aix-en-Provence Travel Page "Aix marks the Spot"
- Commented on one of maria_mullah's Aix-en-Provence travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Aix marks the Spot"
- Wrote a Review Sipping exotic tea, Middle-East style in Aix-en-Provence Nightlife
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: In London May 6th, any..."
Photos in Aix-en-ProvenceSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 63 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charleroi Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- California Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Marseille Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Europe Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Aix-en-Provence hotel reviews
- Hotel Saint Christophe
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Aquabella Hotel Aix-en-Provence
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Le Prieure
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Residhome Residence Mirabeau
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 8, 2012
- Hotel Cardinal
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Bastide du Roy Rene
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel Le Concorde
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hotel du Globe
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Residence Les Floridianes
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2013
- Best Western Hotel De L'Arbois
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel des Quatre Dauphins
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Hotel Cezanne
- 363 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Bastide du Cours
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2012
- Hotel des Augustins
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Pavillon de la Torse
- 397 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Cours Mirabeau- 10 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Cathédrale Saint Sauveur- 11 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Market- 7 Reviews, 9 Photos
- City of Fountains- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Calanques de Cassis- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Museums- 9 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Village of Gordes- 3 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Cézanne- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Petit Village de Provence- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Hôtel de Ville- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
See All Aix-en-Provence Things to Do