"YURP" Europe by rickyvilla81

Europe Travel Guide: 699,677 reviews and 1,879,075 photos

Europe. Now that I have left and live on the Pacific side of America, I miss it enormously. I miss Europe more than I miss Britain. I miss the fact it was just there , you know, a short cheap plane ride away, different cultures and languages and architecture and attitudes to everything from life, food, work, sex, family. I keep maps of Europe, historical and modern, around me at all times to remind me of my home.

And that's it, isn't it - Europe is my home, and it took me a while to realise that. Britain is still very isolated from Europe in many ways, but I made an effort, through living abroad and learning languages, to embrace the European culture and the freedom of the EU, and it's difficult for me now that I'm living as a resident in the US to accept 'giving it up', which being so far away I feel I've had to do. I love having European, rather than just simply British, citizenship. Europe, to most people I meet here in America, is a far away place again, a place for holidays and going "oooh", a place to learn about modern Western cultures other than the American one, but for me, Europe is my world, and one I am yet to completely discover. I've been to quite a few countries now, but there are many more to come. I just hope that now I'm in California I find the time.

TOP TEN THINGS IN EUROPE

7.East Berlin
8.The London Eye, London
9.The Rock of Cashel, Eire
10.Margitsziged, Budapest</ol>

The Gorges du Verdon, in the South of France. One of the deepest canyons in Europe.
Out of all my Europe pages, I recommend that you go to:
Aix-en-Provence %c
Provence/Cotes d'Azur
London
Charleroi
Venice

• Last visit to Europe: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 14, 2006

rickyvilla81 Used To Live Here!

rickyvilla81

“who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?”

Badges & Stats in Europe