"YURP" Europe by rickyvilla81
Europe Travel Guide: 689,304 reviews and 1,837,896 photos
Europe. Now that I have left and live on the Pacific side of America, I miss it enormously. I miss Europe more than I miss Britain. I miss the fact it was just there , you know, a short cheap plane ride away, different cultures and languages and architecture and attitudes to everything from life, food, work, sex, family. I keep maps of Europe, historical and modern, around me at all times to remind me of my home.
And that's it, isn't it - Europe is my home, and it took me a while to realise that. Britain is still very isolated from Europe in many ways, but I made an effort, through living abroad and learning languages, to embrace the European culture and the freedom of the EU, and it's difficult for me now that I'm living as a resident in the US to accept 'giving it up', which being so far away I feel I've had to do. I love having European, rather than just simply British, citizenship. Europe, to most people I meet here in America, is a far away place again, a place for holidays and going "oooh", a place to learn about modern Western cultures other than the American one, but for me, Europe is my world, and one I am yet to completely discover. I've been to quite a few countries now, but there are many more to come. I just hope that now I'm in California I find the time.
TOP TEN THINGS IN EUROPE
(that I've seen anyway)
1.Piazzetta San Marco, Venice
2.Charles Bridge, Prague
3.Gorges du Verdon, Provence
4.Loch Lomond, Scotland
5.Belgian Beers, Belgium
8.The London Eye, London
9.The Rock of Cashel, Eire
Uber alles... I love Germany, I find it a really cool place. Berlin exudes history and style to a greater degree than... more travel advice
It is the large country at the heart of Europe, which has so many diverse areas that you could probably never fully... more travel advice
rickyvilla81's Related Pages
Europe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- "A-Z of Europe"
- "Travelling through Europe...."
- "Europe, where does it start and finish?"
- "The Little 3d Sister: Europe"
- "A part of Europe I have visited and admired"
- "EUROPE - the old World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Europe
- Hotels in Europe
- Transportation in Europe
- Nightlife in Europe
- Restaurants in Europe
- Shopping in Europe
- Warnings and Dangers in Europe
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Europe
- 314 Reviews
- 289 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 31 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Europe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aix-en-Provence Intro, 63 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 56 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 25 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Charleroi Intro, 31 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- California Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Marseille Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Europe Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Prague Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos