"Hurghada" Hurghada by LexiB

Hurghada Travel Guide: 672 reviews and 1,668 photos

An alternative to Cairo

Hurghada is just wonderful. Yes a fairly new town (around 20 years old I'm told). Definitely a well kept secret. I never heard of it until a friend and I were looking for a trip to go on and our agent told us about it. I love it. I was a bit apprehensive about our safety, but you know what? I felt very safe there. Just don't get taken in and advantage of.

Another Year, An Awesome trip

I went to Hurghada AH-GAIN but this time with my mother and niece. What an awesome trip! It's unfortunate about the bombing at Sharm El Shiek, but I'm extremely happy that my family got to experience Egypt. We were supposed to stay at the Shedwan Garden Resort, but do to the company "overbooking" we were happily bumped to Siva Grand Beach Resort. I couldn't have asked for a better time! It was especially nice to REALLY be on holiday and not have to think about the "real world" even for one week.

Okay, where's the beach/pool???

As soon as we checked in my niece and I got into our swimwear and "explored" the grounds. It didn't take long to find the pool & beach!

• Pros:inexpensive, lively, coastline beautiful
  • Cons:ungodly hot in the summer, but oh well
  • Last visit to Hurghada: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2005

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Great page! Thank you for the wonderful photos and tips!

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 10:39 PM

Hello Alexandra! Great page on Hurghada with informative tips and some great photos. Happy birthday from Finland!

LexiB

“Got time? Check! Funds? Check! Destination? hmmm, lets see. . .Check! Let's Go!”

Badges & Stats in Hurghada

Have you been to Hurghada?

Latest Activity in Hurghada