Xi'an Shopping Tips by walterwu
Xi'an Shopping: 41 reviews and 59 photos
For those of you going between Beijing and Xi'an, the prices in Xi'an is definitely better than what you could get in Beijing.
Again, remember to bargain. Start at very low price. Don't forget that labour cost for producing the goods in China is very very low. You would be surprised.
Plenty of shops selling all kind of products ranging from food, clothing, bags, etc.
One particular shop was selling most clothing at 38RMB including 2 layer down jackets. Really cheap. Did'nt had the size of the one I had chosen. Now, I kicked myself for not buying others items as 38RMB is cheap compared to Beijing or other parts of Xi'an.
On the same street, one shop was blaring out 10RMB for any bags, luggages. Again, because we wanted to buy one in our return leg to Beijing, we didn't buy one and fully regretted having to buy one 20" trollery luggage in Beijing (XiuShui) at 80RMB.
Remember to bargain even though the offer price is very cheap.
What to pay: 20%-30% of initial asking price by seller
Directions: Left side of North Main Street from Bell Tower
Wholesale Market @ ChangLe XiLu
In ChangLe XiLu, there 2 wholesale market for the locals. The final transacted price is reasonably cheap. Lots of Bargaining required.
Never be afraid to offer (final) at 20% of the initial asking price.
Lots of stalls, shops and you can shop around for the best price.
I spent a whole afternoon there!
What to buy: Clothing
What to pay: Start with 10% of asking price and settle at about 20% of the asking price.
Directions: ChangLe XiLu between city and Banpo Village.
Theme: Discount Store
More Reviews (21)
- Flying Kite
- See All To Miss or Not To Miss
- Travel Lite
- Giving Touts the Bush Off
- See All Economical Crepes
walterwu's Related Pages
Xi'an Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The echo of ancient"
- "Xian "Peaceful western part of China""
- "Shifting cities"
- "Beautiful Xi'an"
- "Xian - our stopover to see the Terracotta Army"
- "Qing Ming @Xi'an"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xi'an
- Hotels in Xi'an
- Transportation in Xi'an
- Nightlife in Xi'an
- Restaurants in Xi'an
- Shopping in Xi'an
- Warnings and Dangers in Xi'an
- See All...
Explore the World
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Tadong Hotels
- Cavite Hotels
- Sunny Beach
- Ko Samet
- Sandusky Hotels
Badges & Stats in Xi'an
- 24 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Xi'an?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xi'an
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 105 photos
- Singapore Intro, 27 reviews, 59 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos
- Penang Intro, 15 reviews, 42 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Xi'an Intro, 24 reviews, 19 photos
- Sapporo Intro, 8 reviews, 33 photos
Latest Xi'an hotel reviews
- Sofitel Xian On Renmin Square
- 784 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Xi'an Le Garden Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Melody Hotel Xi'an
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2013
- Bell Tower Hotel Xi'an
- 273 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Grand Mercure on Renmin Square Xi'an
- 242 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Jinshi International Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 1, 2011
- 7 Sages International Youth Hostel / Qixian Hostel
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Xi'an Fukai Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013
- Han Tang Inn Youth Hostel
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Tianyu Gloria Plaza Hotel Xian
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Royal Garden Hotel Xian
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Diamond International Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Shuyuan Youth Hotel
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Jinjiang Inn Bell & Drum Tower
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2011
- Aurum International
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- Terracotta Army- 160 Reviews, 352 Photos
- Muslim Quarters- 62 Reviews, 124 Photos
- City Wall- 62 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Wild Goose Pagodas- 51 Reviews, 84 Photos
- Drum and Bell Tower- 58 Reviews, 116 Photos
- Huaqing Hot Springs- 15 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Museums- 31 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Banpo Neolithic Village- 15 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Tang Dynasty Tombs- 5 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Fa Men Si- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos