"I Like This 'Stan'" Top 5 Page for this destination Turkmenistan by mizzzthanggg
Turkmenistan Travel Guide: 200 reviews and 607 photos
The idea of visiting Turkmenistan was very exciting for me as I'd never even been to Russia, much less any FSU countries before. So u do your search on VT and rest of the Internet for info on the country, and there's certainly not much. And must say i was disappointed with the tips i'd read anyway, because it painted a scary picture of a police state, bad cops, lots of suspicion and such like. But having been to Sudan and Niger and places like that in Africa that have gotten a bad rep I was sort of prepared for the worst.
So wasn't i absolutely surprised to find it to be very safe, remarkably clean and orderly, with great food, cosy cafes and the luvliest people u'd find anywhere! And a lot to see n do behind the gleaming marble facades you see in the city. Yes maybe it was only 2 days for me here so far, but you know what they say. First impressions count!
So there will certainly need to be some tips written to sort out the misunderstanding. Pls see my General Tips to start with for further info!
Updated: I have just changed my home location to Ashgabat since I've been living here for 1.5 years now, do come see :)
Wowww... hard to pick one favourite thing when you're still discovering all its different facets. This time round we had... more travel advice
mizzzthanggg's Related Pages
Turkmenistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkmenistan: ruins, desert and a mad dictator"
- "Turkmenistan a Magic Carpet ride"
- "I Like This 'Stan'"
- "Turkmenistan one of the few tolitary states!"
- "Turkmenistan - Strange Country...great people!"
- "Turkmenistan: When Worlds Collide!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkmenistan
- Hotels in Turkmenistan
- Transportation in Turkmenistan
- Nightlife in Turkmenistan
- Restaurants in Turkmenistan
- Shopping in Turkmenistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkmenistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkmenistan
- 8 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Turkmenistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkmenistan
- Posted in Travel Perth Forum "Re: Billabong Backpackers on..."
- updated a Turkmenistan Travel Page "I Like This 'Stan'"
- Wrote a Review Second Impressions About Turkmenistan in Turkmenistan Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Second Impressions About Turkmenistan"
- Commented on one of Bonobo2005's Turkmenistan travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lipe Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kampong Belum Baharu Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Tao Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ashgabat Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Muar Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kampong Tanjong Gemok Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue