"Malacca Stopover" Melaka by mizzzthanggg

Melaka Travel Guide: 1,598 reviews and 3,930 photos

spot the mizzzie

we made a short stopover to have lunch in malacca on our way back from pulau tioman. this is the jonker street area in malacca, where they retain the original (though brightened up) facades of shophouses from way back then. more photos in my malacca travelogue.

as this was just a rest stop to take a rickshaw ride to jonkers street for lunch, all photos here show only the section of town with chinese influences from the 'baba nonya' ethnic group. malacca also has very strong portugese and dutch colonial influences in architecture in other parts not evident in my pages.

• Last visit to Melaka: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 14, 2004

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 7:40 PM

i joined a drunken version of "Don't Stop Believing" at a work party a few weeks ago...I'm AMAZED those piccies didn't turn up somewhere. I was complimented for my air guitar, though ;o)

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2005 at 10:12 PM

Tak boleh ajak you. GF kat sana juga.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 8:31 PM

You're right, Hotel Puri made a gd first impression on me too.

• DaDrifter's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2005 at 3:48 AM

Lovely pastel colours these shophouses ... I noticed that in Singapore as well.

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2005 at 10:57 PM

Just stopped by this page to hear JenniferChin express her opinion of the local traffic situation

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2005 at 12:00 PM

really beautiful photos from melaka. i'm hoping to ge there by the end of the year.

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 10:38 PM

sure, hotel puri is something wowwww!!! enjoy my stay there very much. anyway about jogjakarta >> if you have stop-over at jakarta, maybe we can meet. but if not, sure .... in some other time we will :) cheers ~@rie~

• jrs1234's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 3:58 AM

Definitely somewhere on my wish-list - great pics!

• jenniferchin's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 11:14 PM

Ahhhh .. Jonkers street ... love wandering about there .. lots of photography opportunities and f***ing traffic !! LOL !!!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo