"Malacca Stopover" Melaka by mizzzthanggg
Melaka Travel Guide: 1,594 reviews and 3,912 photos
we made a short stopover to have lunch in malacca on our way back from pulau tioman. this is the jonker street area in malacca, where they retain the original (though brightened up) facades of shophouses from way back then. more photos in my malacca travelogue.
as this was just a rest stop to take a rickshaw ride to jonkers street for lunch, all photos here show only the section of town with chinese influences from the 'baba nonya' ethnic group. malacca also has very strong portugese and dutch colonial influences in architecture in other parts not evident in my pages.
Antique shops abound in Malacca, and while you can find some really great bargains, and the genuine stuff, be warned... more travel advice
mizzzthanggg's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- "Melaka - Malaysia's historical centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
Photos in MelakaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lipe Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kampong Belum Baharu Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Tao Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ashgabat Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Muar Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kampong Tanjong Gemok Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue