"Kuala Kangsar - Bandar Diraja" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Kangsar by mizzzthanggg
Kuala Kangsar Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 231 photos
Being born and bred in KL all my life, I still consider myself part of the third generation Malaysians whose families moved to the capital to find their fortune and make their living... when the city folk talk about "balik kampung", (literally "return to the village"), Kuala Kangsar was about the closest place that I would call my kampung... many fond memories of countless trips back and forth for weekend breaks, festivities, visiting relatives and friends...
It's changed a lot over the years too, and from a rustic little sleepy hollow there's now an air of utter regalness about it, the wonderful monuments and landmarks redressed and refreshed with new coats of paint and lots of lights brightening up its roads and trees and buildings...
But it remains a lovely, quiet, serene place and well worth a day trip out to visit if you don't want to stay the night.
- Pros:Clean surroundings, nice fresh air, lots to see and visit
- Cons:At the moment, still undiscovered by the masses so not many cons yet
- In a nutshell:Peaceful, serene, charming and quaint
Great little food court with different stalls selling all the local Malaysian fare, from satay and ikan bakar, rice... more travel advice
mizzzthanggg's Related Pages
Kuala Kangsar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Kangsar - Perak Royal Town"
- "Its where I was born...."
- "NEGERI SULTAN ISKANDARIAH"
- "Kuala Kangsar - Bandar Diraja"
- "Kuala Kangsar ~ The Royal Town"
- "Kuala Kangsar"
- "Serene Royal K Kangsar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Kangsar
- Hotels in Kuala Kangsar
- Transportation in Kuala Kangsar
- Nightlife in Kuala Kangsar
- Restaurants in Kuala Kangsar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Kangsar
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kuala Kangsar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Kangsar
Photos in Kuala KangsarSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lipe Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kampong Belum Baharu Intro, 3 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 10 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Tao Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ashgabat Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Muar Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kampong Tanjong Gemok Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue