"Time To Travel - Where In The World Next?" mizzzthanggg's Profile

I'M BACK!!!

Hi there. Can barely recognise VT now, haven't been back in so long! My ranking has dropped miserably I see and only a few b'day messages this year??? *lol* - Must make more effort :)

Well, life goes on and I'm still travelling but there seems to be less & less time to update, although I'm based back in KL again. Have taken up a tough new sport and got rid of all that excess weight from nearly 8 years of constant travelling and unhealthy lifestyle. Now hope to maintain it and up the travels again in 2012 :)

Last major trips: London, July 2011. Singapore, Dec 2011. Manila, Feb 2012.
Next trip: Singapore, Mar 2012. Perth Mar-Apr 2012.
Plans: Hong Kong, Jun 2012. Brazil, Jul 2012.
Wishlist: Costa Rica, Madagascar, Bali, Stockholm...

Happy travels!
MizzzWins xx

Thalam, Privyet & Hello - previous intro :)

Welcome to my homepage! You can find out a bit more about me & my travels here. I'm not very good at updating tips since I travel a bit more frequently than I can sort out my photos & thoughts but if you think I can help you with something, feel free to drop me an email :)

I have recently changed my home location from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Ashgabat, Turkmenistan since I am living and working here indefinitely. So please check out my new home location page, but I've just set it up so give me a chance to add to it and feel free to comment on what else you'd like to know about this unique country.

My latest adventure: see me going to Hell and back! Darwaza

Next stop: Kugitang Nature Reserve, in search of dinosaur tracks! Watch this space.

Wanderings & Ponderings

Some of my favourite types of holidays:

*Tomb raiding!* e.g. Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm & Bayon, Siem Reap; Borobudur & Prambanam, Jogjakarta; Ajantha & Ellora, Aurangabad; Pyramids of Giza, Egypt. Because sometimes the inner stuntwoman is bursting to come out and u just wanna be Lara Croft!

*Island hopping!* e.g. Koh Lipe, Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, Pulau Perhentian, Ibiza & Formentara - Because sometimes u just want to do NOTHING at all, u just need a sarong, a hammock and a good book.

*Diving diving diving!* e.g. Surin/Similan, Koh Tao, Sipadan/Mabul/Kapalai, Byron Bay, etc. etc. etc. Because sometimes u just want to float around, breathe compressed air and see amazing creatures up close and in yr face mask!

*City sighting!* e.g. Verona, Firenze, Milano, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Brugge, Vienna, Melbourne, Sydney, NYC... too many to mention! Because girls will be girls and sometimes there's just nothing like a good wander through city streets and fabulous shops and pretend that u're Holly Golightly or Carrie Bradshaw ;)

*Cold places, warm faces!* e.g. skiing, snow, ice-skating, penguins, polars... Because sometimes u're just feeling too hot and need to cool down! On my permanent wishlist till it happens: An ice hotel stay and tour skating in Sweden/Norway.

POSTCARD CENTRAL

Like many other VTers, I am an avid collector of postcards too. Although I'm really not into these "cold calls" postcard sending for mere completion of collections and things like that. That aside if you would like to receive postcards from Malaysia, Turkmenistan or wherever I may travel next, send me an email and i'll send you one from somewhere!

Last but definitely not least, THANKS so much to all of you who've sent me postcards, can you spot yours on my cabinet here???

My Travel Resume

PAGES I HAVEN'T MANAGED TO SET UP OR UPDATE YET but again, if u want info on any of the following places, holler at me.

Mar 2012
- Perth
Singapore
Feb 2012
- Manila
Dec 2011
Singapore
July 2011
- London - stayed at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park and dined at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal - out of this world
May 2011
- EU: Austria, Hungary, Slovakia
Apr 2011
Malaysia: moved back home again officially :)

Aug 2010
Mar 2010
Turkey: Istanbul
- Turkmenistan: Erbent, Darwaza Well ( Hell's Gate!), Karakum Desert
Feb 2010
Malaysia: Bukit Keluang, Terengganu (still training...)
Jan 2010
- Malaysia: Merang, Terengganu (training program)
USA: Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica
Dec 09
- USA: Orange County, California
Nov 09
UAE: Dubai (Finally checked out Ski Dubai, loved it!)
Oct 09
- Turkey: Istanbul
Malaysia: Kluang, Johor - VTer Mirebella's wedding! Quite a few VTers in attendance :)
Sept 09
- Malaysia: Kuala Terengganu. Alor Gajah, Melaka
July 09
Australia: Perth - finally met VTer willy_wonka who took us for a great mini-tour round Freomantle, but oof! was it really necessary to eat as much as we did, Anna!! ;)
June 09
- Turkey: Izmir and Ephesus
Turkmenistan: Mary - homestay with friend's aunt, attended local wedding
May 09
- Turkmenistan: Ashgabat & surrounds inc. Chuly and Kipchak
Turkey: Istanbul - proper week-long stay in Sultanahmet
Feb 09
- Japan: Niseko and Kyoto. Skiing! And finally saw real life geishas... beautiful they are
Dec 08
- Indonesia: Manado and Bunaken Island, Sulawesi. Diving and a great trek in the Tangkoko National Park to find the smallest primates in the world, the Tarsiers (real life Gremlins!)
Nov 08
Ashgabat-Bangkok-KL-Frankfurt-Baku-Ashgabat... 6 airports in a week... not fun anymore.
Oct 08
- KL-Ashgabat... and many stops in between. It's all getting to be a blur...
Sep 08
Saudi Arabia: Jeddah, Madinah & Mecca for mini-pilgrimage... the Holy City is undergoing major renovations to upgrade the hotels and surrounding area of Masjidil-Haram to cope with ever increasing numbers of pilgrims.
Aug 08
- New Zealand: Methven, Mount Hutt and Christchurch. Fabulous skiing! Beautiful beautiful country and everywhere you go, you can see how easy it must've been to find locations to film Lord of the Rings... amazing landscapes
July 08
Turkmenistan: Moved to Ashgabat officially
June 08
- Indonesia: Jakarta, Cibodas, Puncak & Bogor - another short weekend. very nice, lots of green parks and botanical gardens.
May 08
- Australia: Melbourne - met VTer Mirebella and future hubby!
- Turkey: Istanbul
- Germany: Frankfurt - nice catch-up with VTer Danielinz
- Turkmenistan: Ashgabat - work work work
Apr 08
- Indonesia: Solo & Jogjakarta - nice to visit Borobudur again, but saddened at state of Prambanam after the earthquake :(
- Turkmenistan: Ashgabat - work work work
Mar 08
- France: Paris
- Malaysia: Langkawi
- Czech Republic: Prague - a new favourite! and yes ok, did join a tour that took us to all the sites where they filmed Mission Impossible. had to be done i tell u :)
Feb 08
- Indonesia: Bali - girl's only island retreat for mum & me
- Japan: Hokkaido - best skiing ever
- Germany: Frankfurt
Jan 08
- South Africa: Cape Town - Long Street New Year's Eve!!
Dec 07
- Turkmenistan: Ashgabat
-Namibia: Windhoek, Etosha, Opuwo, Epupa, Uis, Twyfelfontein, Swakopmund, Walvis Bay - fantastic trip organised by VTer Edla

Nov 07
- China: Beijing - Pure Lotus is the BEST restaurant in the world
July 07
- Germany: Frankfurt
June 07
- Hong Kong - Evolution Yoga Convention. Ohhmmazing ;)
May 07
Jan 07
- Indonesia: Jakarta and Bandung
Dec 06
- Vietnam:Hanoi, Halong Bay and Sapa
- Italy, Austria & Switzerland: Milan, Rome, Vatican City, Milan, Santa Cristina (skiing at the Dolomites!), Innsbrucke, Baden, Zurich, Luzern, Milan
Nov 06
- Malaysia: Fraser's Hill
Oct 06
- Thailand: Bangkok
Aug/Sep 06
- Cambodia: Siem Reap more tomb raiding of lesser known temples, hot air balloon over Angkor Wat (at sunrise! zzzz...), cello concert at the Angkor Children's Hospital, Khmer massage... bliss
(see General Tips for a nutshell account)
June 06
- Thailand: Bangkok
- Malaysia: Pulau Perhentian Kecil
May 06
- Malaysia: Bukit Tinggi golf & goofing around
-Sudan: Khartoum & Port Sudan - work-trip filled with challenges i.e. sandstorms, heat, scary airports and museum guards
- Egypt: Cairo & surrounds Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, bellydancing on the Nile
April 06
- Thailand: Hin Daeng & Hin Muang - week-long liveaboard diving
- Malaysia: Pulau Pangkor - an amazing encounter with Pied Hornbills and Fraser's Hill - a v. English stay at Ye Olde Smokehouse

• Intro Updated Mar 8, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!