"A City of Contrasts" Warsaw by travelnurse21

Warsaw Travel Guide: 2,960 reviews and 7,133 photos

The City of Warsaw

The first thing I noticed when I landed in Warsaw was that it really was a city of contrasts. I rode the taxi from the airport to the hotel, and noticed the drab, gray, concrete buildings, still very reminiscent of the communist hold on Poland. Yet, when I walked from my hotel in Centrum to the Old Town Square, I passed by a beautiful park, tall, glass buildings, and a plethora of restaurants.

In Warsaw, I saw a city that was quickly moving forward, embracing diversity, new technology and cuisines...yet I also saw a city that was still struggling to shake off its dramatic past.

• Pros:the warm, friendly people, mild climate, moving history
  • Cons:language barrier
  • Last visit to Warsaw: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 4, 2005

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2006 at 6:38 PM

nice tips you have here on warsaw. good info. i liked the tips on restaurants. :-)

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2006 at 7:35 AM

great presentation, comments and tips. Well done!

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2006 at 12:50 AM

Great Warsaw page! I have family of some kind out here that I plan to visit some day...

• Dec 15, 2005 at 10:24 PM

cool that you likeed Warsaw!!! i misseed however the ultimate stalinistic architecture piece on your things to do tips which is in front of the main rail road station. but, very nice page!!!

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2005 at 3:17 AM

You know, I zipped through this city and didn't see much..... Thanks, I need to go back and see ALOT more!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 4:47 PM

Nice summary of Warsaw. Old Town is a favorite of mine. I missed the boats in the park...must return in warm weather.

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 4:35 PM

For some one who dosn't write tips! you have some good ones for Warsaw, Glad you like hockey, I'm a big fan to Keep the pages coming,

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 4:27 PM

Looks like you enjoyed your trip to Poland -- very nice page -- I should spend more time in Warsaw, have only visited briefly.

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 4:52 AM

Amazing page of Warsaw. It is my favourite city. Great job:)

• LouCypher22's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2005 at 1:09 AM

nice page... You girls goin to wroclaw,poland gimme a sign;) i'd love to show U the city;)

Badges & Stats in Warsaw