"A City of Contrasts" Warsaw by travelnurse21
Warsaw Travel Guide: 2,960 reviews and 7,133 photos
The first thing I noticed when I landed in Warsaw was that it really was a city of contrasts. I rode the taxi from the airport to the hotel, and noticed the drab, gray, concrete buildings, still very reminiscent of the communist hold on Poland. Yet, when I walked from my hotel in Centrum to the Old Town Square, I passed by a beautiful park, tall, glass buildings, and a plethora of restaurants.
In Warsaw, I saw a city that was quickly moving forward, embracing diversity, new technology and cuisines...yet I also saw a city that was still struggling to shake off its dramatic past.
- Pros:the warm, friendly people, mild climate, moving history
- Cons:language barrier
John Bull pub is a great place to stop for a drink. On a summer day, sit outside and enjoy the beautiful view of the... more travel advice
While in Warsaw, don't forget to try Polish street food. They can be found anywhere! I'm guessing this is Poland's... more travel advice
travelnurse21's Related Pages
Warsaw Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Jacek Kaczmarski"
- "All around me"
- "Warsaw Rising"
- "WARSAW- THE CITY WITH A HISTORY!"
- "My Home Town"
- "This page is dedicated to my Dad Zygmunt Strzezek"
- "I love Warsaw!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warsaw
- Hotels in Warsaw
- Transportation in Warsaw
- Nightlife in Warsaw
- Restaurants in Warsaw
- Shopping in Warsaw
- Warnings and Dangers in Warsaw
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warsaw
- 18 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warsaw
Top 10 Pages
- Warsaw Intro, 18 reviews, 20 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Zürich Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Krakow Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prato Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Florence Intro, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 photos