"london through avery's eyes" London by travelnurse21

London Travel Guide: 23,494 reviews and 49,597 photos

london london london...

Well...what can I say about London?? It was the first stop on our European tour this summer and...let's just say we got off on the wrong start. Our accomodations left much to be desired..we were on the supposedly infamous Belgrave Road. If I were to do it all over again, I would definately not try to save money on accomodations...Anyway, despite everything, I really loved the energy of this city. People were sometimes rude, but I guess I just think this because I'm used to the North American type of customer service. The city was so alive and vibrant...I couldn't help but fall in love!

Photo Opportunities

London is definitely one of the most picturesque cities I've ever been in. It seems like everywhere you turn you can find a perfect picture opportunity. It felt great knowing that I was surrounded by so much history.

Easy

I found the city to be very tourist friendly. The transportation system is very easy to understand, and since I already speak english anyway, I wasn't worried about getting lost at all! Everything I wanted to see was almost within walking distance of each other. It's also a great city to explore and go off the beaten path.

• Pros:Great energy, great shopping
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:Go!
  • Last visit to London: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated May 24, 2005

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2006 at 4:32 AM

Hi Avery, good London pages. fergy.

• Fen's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2006 at 3:20 AM

Nice to see you had some fun in London. It is very expensive and also very over crowded here. Good page ~Fen

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 4:55 PM

always interesting to see a new perspective. That hotel looked like the pits - i'm sure you deserve better !

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2005 at 11:15 AM

Nothing wrong withe a double decker bus tour, i only live 70 miles from London and i still do the tour LOL

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2005 at 5:18 AM

hi avery, thanks so much for your compliment in my main page. truely appreciate it. and i want to visit your beloved phils someday!!!! regards from jakarta :) ~@rie~

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2005 at 9:13 AM

Low budget hotels are to be avoided in London The bus tours are a great way to see the highlights of a new city Good page

• LisaMJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2005 at 4:51 AM

Thanks for stpping by my Maldives pages. Looks like you had fun in Europe!

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2005 at 9:09 PM

In June I stood in those exact same spot along the Thames River and in front of Buckingham Palace! Thanks for the tip about what hotel NOT to stay in.

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2004 at 3:03 PM

Looks like you had a fun time...other than that hotel!

Badges & Stats in London