"Boracay Beckons!" Boracay Island by gstison
Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,635 reviews and 4,532 photos
Most of the good things you have read or heard about Boracay beach are true. Find out for yourself!
1. Do choose hotels/inns near Boat Station 1 if you prefer a less crowded beach; The "action" center is around Boat Station 2 where most of the commercial outlets are; Boat Station 3 is where most of the loading and unloading of boats are;
2. Do visit the Talipapa for fresh seafood and cooked to your specifications, at prices a lot lower than the outlets in the beachfront. This is where most local tourists go.
3. Try massage al fresco, under coconut trees, from the roving masseuse (locals, decent type).
4. Fruit shakes at Jonah's.
5. Henna tattoo, not permanent, from 150 pesos.
6. An alternative to moving from one end of the beach to the other, which is about 4 km, is to take the tricycles plying the main road, at 5 pesos per passenger.
1. Don't wear shoes and long pants as you are likely to wade through water upon boarding on and off the small boats to reach the island.
2. Not much to see in snorkeling. Able to bargain at 700 pesos for a 4-hour session but we opted for only 2 hours.
3. An island tour is not spectacular and would cut your beachtime.
gstison's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "My longest VT meet"
- "Honeymoon in Boracay.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
Photos in Boracay IslandSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 2 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 2 photos
- New York City Intro, 1 photo
- San Francisco Intro, 1 photo
- Seoul Intro, 1 photo
- Budapest Intro, 1 review
- Prague Intro, 1 photo
- Boracay Island Intro, 1 photo
- Seattle Intro, 1 photo
- Pagudpud Intro, 1 review