"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder..." tahoesasha's Profile
I started this page when my hubby backpacked through Europe for six weeks in winter 2004, while I oversaw the home front here in Tahoe. Hence the odd title of my homepage. Not only did I travel vicariously through him, it vividly reminded me of my own international adventures. The trips that I share with you are what make me the unique individual I am - and soon I will travel again!! Thank you so much for checking out my slowly growing page and feel free to e-mail me with any travel inquiries. There is never a stupid question when you are traveling! (Only lack of awareness!)
*ALERT!* Hubby and I now look to TRAVEL! 4/2006, the momentum is rising! Have truck, will travel, baby. I've gotten some FANTASTIC tips on the forums and I WELCOME any contact with your suggestions for Great American towns! Sasha
Update 1/2007 I got some great suggestions from other VTers for towns around the Southwest and Northeast and have made notes in my infinite travel destination list!
Happy New Year! Get your passport current, just in case...things can happen fast! This fall saw hubby travelling to upstate New York, Manhattan, suburban Atlanta, the Smoky Mountains, including his birthplace in Maggie, North Carolina, eastern Tennessee and the Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. Yes, I enjoyed holding down the fort for round 2 :) I did steal away to Brooklyn, Manhattan and Passaic, New Jersey for a week in spring, so I was not totally deprived :)
We are setting our sights out over the great ocean to the next land mass east. And this may entail a transition of sorts, because we are yearning to escape our country for a good chunk of time...we are going to learn very basic German and get rid of a LOT of stuff when the time comes, probably early next year. History calls me, amazing people to photograph calls him, the wild coast of Ireland, the chaos of Rome where my special wine bottle was purchased (still aging), multicultural London, AMSTERDAM!!! (must make it to the Van Gough museum), even Kathmandu, Nepal where our best friend has settled into his life. Together, we will experience the enrichment of life as travellers.
If we do travel in the states, it will be this summer and will be close, like New Mexico and Colorado. Cheers and here's to wandering!!
Update, Friday 1/15/07
Added to the major destination list: Minsk, St. Petersberg
I want to travel and write.
update 5/30/07 - RIP lost fellow Americans - Memorial Day 2007.
Update 3/24/09 Hola fellow travelers! We are set for a two month journey on our motorbike across the U.S. of A. Camping, photography and lots of miles on our motorbike is the name of the game! Please feel free to suggest the must-see natural wonders (of which I have seen very few) as well as the off-the-beaten path gems that you know of...don't worry, we'll keep them secret :)
Update 12/1/09 - saw 20+ states on our motorbike and not one speeding ticket! Yes! Just returned from 2 glorious months in Costa Rica. Vamos a volver pronto!
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 48 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- tahoesasha and croisbeauty are now friends.
- updated a Costa Rica Travel Page "Budget backpacker for life, baby!!"
updated their Profile Page "Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder..."
- Posted in Travel San José Forum "Re: Looking for hotel..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder..."
- Commented on one of Pablos_new's Elista travel pages
- Wrote a Review Easy on the go... in Costa Rica What to Pack
Top 10 Pages
- South Lake Tahoe Intro, 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 7 reviews
- Washington State Intro, 5 reviews
- Jamaica Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 5 reviews
- Italy 3 reviews
- New York City Intro, 2 reviews
- Berkeley Intro, 2 reviews
- Virginia City Intro, 2 reviews
- Switzerland Intro, 1 review
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22198 Reviews - 54001 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23037 Reviews - 47268 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7700 Reviews - 19770 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos