"Long Island, New York" Long Island by SierraSydney

Long Island Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 203 photos

Relaxing......yes....

Well the pictures look great and i love looking at them stuck on my wall at work, but Long Island didnt do it for me at the time I was there. It might have been because it was freezing and completely dead like a ghosttown when i was there - and it was summer ? Very odd weather for that time of year i'd say.

Standing at the Montauk lighthouse gave me such an eery feeling, it was so chilly, so quiet with nobody in site - it was like i really was standing alone at the ends of the earth.

I wouldnt recommend going to Long Island for the beaches, (.....but then maybe Ive been spoiled by Australias coastal beaches and waves.....)

I especially loved the big pancake breakfasts and the cute white churches dotted around the place.

Everything is from another era, so quaint , so peaceful. If youre feeling stressed out, its a good idea to go to Long Island to get away and relax.

The wooden houses and white wooden churches were always rather fascinating to me.

• Pros:Pretty Wooden Houses
  • Cons:Overated Beaches
  • Last visit to Long Island: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 31, 2005

Comments

SierraSydney

“...get some hot tips from the locals before you get there and plan around their suggestions...”

Badges & Stats in Long Island

Have you been to Long Island?

Latest Activity in Long Island