"one hour with: PISA" Pisa by SierraSydney

Pisa Travel Guide: 1,419 reviews and 3,977 photos

one hour with: PISA

Due to the 10 day rush, rush tour we were on, we breezed through Pisa with enough time to grab some lunch, a few mini models of the leaning tower and of course some photos, before it was back onto the bus and off to the next city for us all.

I highly recommend visiting Pisa. Seeing the tower was like 'WOW' ....."There it is." and truly something i will never forget.

I dont think i saw more souvenir shops in one spot more than i did in Pisa near the tower. The highlight of my travels was getting something small from each place i visited that I would never be able to buy in another city. Of course i came home with magnets and little models of the leaning tower..... and some art . :D

We made sure we ate at a restaurant that had a view of the tower - we needed that two in one deal considering we didn't have alot of time. It was nice to sit back in the sun, looking at the tower, eating a good italian meal and have the little children playing italian music and wandering through the restaurant, siblings in tow, collecting money.

• Pros:Amazing and exciting. Something that you will not forget.
  • Cons:The illegal merchants selling handbags - they annoy you when youre trying to eat.
  • Last visit to Pisa: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 31, 2005

Comments

SierraSydney

“...get some hot tips from the locals before you get there and plan around their suggestions...”

Badges & Stats in Pisa