"Winter Escape!" Saint John by swkat
Saint John Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 81 photos
We met two other couples at the Westin Resort on St. John for a week away from the cold Northeast! We spent our first evening at an outside bar watching the Super Bowl...not too shabby! The weather was great the entire time we were there (first week of Feb), however the water on the north shore was too rough to snorkel (that's the side with the most famous of the beaches). The Westin resort is lovely, but their private beach is very lame...you definitely need a car to go 'round the island, there are so many beautiful coves & beaches.
We spent a day driving the entire way around the island, stopping to layout or swim, stopping for food, and stopping for a drink or two!
You'll want to stop around every corner and over every hill to take another picture!
- Pros:Beautiful beaches, great snorkling, good amount of shops.
- Cons:Upscale pricing, shabby town. Food, ok, not gourmet.
- In a nutshell:For the price, I expected more elegance.
swkat's Related Pages
Saint John Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping Around St John in the Caribbean!"
- "Hawksnest Beach"
- "St. John - a local's view"
- "Winter Escape!"
- "Arriving at St John"
- "St. John is Amazing!"
- "See other St John page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint John
- Hotels in Saint John
- Transportation in Saint John
- Restaurants in Saint John
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint John
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint John
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Saint John?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint John
Photos in Saint JohnSee All Photos (6)
- Key West Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Saint John Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Sanibel Island Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Pembroke Intro, 2 photos