"Syvota and the Wonders of Epirus" Syvota by nickandchris
Syvota Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 104 photos
In 2000 Michael was in his second year at Grammar school. We pleaded and begged his headmaster to let him come to Greece with us. Due to family circumstances we were allowed to take him out of school for our two week holiday. SIVOTA here we come..........!!!!!!!
We flew Air 2000 to Corfu with Olympic Holidays and then a fast boat to Sivota.
Sivota is a pretty harbour village in Epirus, popular with "yotties" and also the Italians and Greeks in high season. When we went Olympic and another English company were the only package deals available.
Now more companies have Sivota on their books and they take the easier option of flying to Preveza.
It is an up-market resort, a bit pricier than other places we have visited and extremely busy in peak season.
We stayed for two weeks at the Marilena Apartments, set high on a hill with fantastic views over the bay.
We had pre-booked car hire for a week and toured the area extensively. We also hired a boat for a few days, a not to be missed activity as there are so many beautiful coves to explore, only accessible from the sea.
Over-all, Sivota is a lovely holiday destination, with lots of tavernas and a few shops for every day needs. More of the village is a little way inland, away from the harbour.
There is a town beach, reached by footpath round the headland and other beaches within walking distance. In season there are also water taxis to ferry you to the different beaches.
There are apparently 3 buses Mon.- Fri and 2 on Sats.
There is a seasonal ferry to Paxos and Isabella travel rent cars and bikes, also boats.They can also arrange trips.
There is no bank and I don't remember a post-office.
The hinterland is beautifully green and lush. The Acheron Gorge is not too far away and is a stunningly green river with lots of possibilities for walking.
To read about our holiday here read my Sivota travelogues.
We always enjoyed , after a hard day doing whatever, sitting on our veranda, sipping a drink, having a little meze and... more travel advice
We flew Air 2000 to Corfu in 2000. Nowadays holidays to Sivota fly to Preveza Airport with a coach transfer to resort. more travel advice
- See All Karavostasi
- Waterfront Drinks
- Eating and Drinking
- Boating Conditions
nickandchris' Related Pages
Syvota Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Syvota and the Wonders of Epirus"
- "Syvota and other beach towns in Epirus"
- "Sivota/Syvota in Thesprotia"
- "What a landscape!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Syvota
- Hotels in Syvota
- Transportation in Syvota
- Nightlife in Syvota
- Restaurants in Syvota
- Shopping in Syvota
- Warnings and Dangers in Syvota
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Syvota
- 31 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Syvota?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Syvota
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 269 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 69 reviews, 243 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 68 reviews, 244 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 51 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Koroni Intro, 40 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues