"Brora" Brora by nickandchris
Brora Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
On our way south from Helmsdale, we decided to call in at Brora and see what sort of a place it was. Like many of the places we visited this holiday, they were just names we had vaguely heard. Now, having visited, we have a picture of them in our minds and know geographically their location.
Brora. named after the river Brora which flows from Brora Loch 2 miles inland, was at one time a small industrial town with it's own coal pit, woollen mill, boat building yard, fishing fleet,fish curing business, a distillery, a quarry and much more. As with many places, all these businesses have ceased trading apart from the distillery, although we did see a couple of fishing boats set to sea from the harbour.
Today people visit Brora for it's wonderful beach, fresh air, walking and it's coastal golf course.The beach offers spectacular surfing on the right occasions. We found Brora a nice little place with a beautiful, long sandy beach and a quaint harbour. There seemed to be plenty of free parking and from the beach car park, we watched a seal bobbing about close inshore.
- In a nutshell:Another pleasant beach/harbour town.
We parked in the car park by the golf course which gives access to the beach and a footpath into the town.We had a... more travel advice
nickandchris' Related Pages
Brora Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Brora
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Brora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brora
Photos in BroraSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 269 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 70 reviews, 254 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 70 reviews, 248 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 52 reviews, 258 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Koroni Intro, 40 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues