Cockerham Restaurant Tips by nickandchris
Cockerham Restaurants: 1 reviews and 0 photos
Lately, our jaunts away in the motorhome involve a pub lunch and this trip was no exception.
Having set up camp on the site, we offloaded the motorbike and and headed off into Cockerham, about a mile away, in search of lunch.
The Mannor Inn is a pleasant, cosy pub, with plenty of seating and a seperate dining room. You can also eat in the bar, which we did.
The menu included soup of the day at £2.45, various house burgers, ranging from £3.95, salads and a ploughmans at £6.95 and the usuals like fish and chips, gammon, wetc. There were also some blackboard specials, oven cooked lamb, half chicken and shepherd's pie, I think. These were priced at £7.95.
Favorite Dish: I opted for the oven cooked lamb shank and Nick had a house burger which was two burgers and cheese. My lamb was absolutely delicious, just a shame it came with frozen chips and not real ones. I thought £7.95 for this lamb dish was very reasonable, it is usually priced well over £9. Nick said his burger was adequate, spoilt with his last mouthfull having bone in it. It also would have benefitted from some fried onions.
The bill came to £16.10 which made the pint and a half of cider £4.20. We have certainly paid more than this in the past.
Service was friendly and extremely efficient. Our food was with us in less than ten minutes.
Overall, a good experience.
Unfortunately the website doesn't appear to have been maintained.
Address: The Manor Inn, Cockerham, Lancaster.
Comparison: about average
Directions: In the middle of Cockerham on the A588, some 6 miles south of Lancaster.
More Reviews (6)
nickandchris' Related Pages
Cockerham Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pismo Beach Hotels
- Sugar Mountain Hotels
- Kathmandu Hotels
- Pulau Lobam Hotels
Badges & Stats in Cockerham
- 7 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Cockerham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cockerham
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 269 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 69 reviews, 243 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 68 reviews, 244 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 51 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Koroni Intro, 40 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues