Malham Hotel Tips by nickandchris
Malham Hotels: 5 reviews and 14 photos
General Malhamdale view from near rhe campsite.
This campsite we only passed whilst walking to Malham Cove. It's literally in the field before the walk and is a nice, flat area with Malham Beck running through.
I'm not sure how much this site cost but we were concerned we may have become bogged in in a motorhome. There is one area of the field for tents without cars and another for those with. I'm not sure where motorhomes fit into the picture but was told they were welcome except there is no electricity.
Have since read this is an extremely popular site, as you could imagine, it being right on the Pennine Way. When we passed, there was a maximum of two tents pitched!! Bet it's nice in summer....
The farmer also allows parking here for those in the know who haven't already paid a fortune at the visitor centre.
Unique Qualities: It's position, next to the beck and below the Cove.
Address: Townhead Farm, Cove Road, Malham, Skipton, BD23 4d6
Directions: Continue through the village and bear left for Malham Cove. Farm just before the footpath.
Phone: 01729 830287
At the start of the walk to Gordale Scar is a nice looking campsite. in a field. Nice and level and with Gordale Beck flowing through it looked ideal. Then we remembered the narrow, twisting and steep road we had just travelled along on the motorbike and decided it could be tricky in a 24 ft. motorhome. Having said that, there was a large motorhome sited here. Wouldn't like to have met it on the road.
Unique Qualities: Great for walking, especially Gordale Scar. Something we wouldn't have been too keen on, had we stayed here, would have been the continual straggle of walkers traipsing through the site. I have also read it can get very noisy with partying on nice summer nights. Still, a fantastic location....
Address: Gordale Scar House, Malham, Skipton, BD23 4D7
Directions: Turn right in Malhm, up a steep, narrow road. This is Gordale Lane and it takes you in a mile or so to the site.
Phone: 01729 830333
Rural location of Hurries Farm
We were fortunate enough to get on to this small Caravan Club Certificated Location at the last minute. As it was the October Half Term and the weather was good, we were extremely lucky.
Set amongst hills and fields, it's a rural retreat. No traffic sound, only the call of the Rhea!! I was amazed to find this farm bred Rheas for their meat and also for breeding. Rhea eggs (for hatching) were for sale, as well as the actual birds. Rhea steaks, burgers and diced meat were available to purchase.
It's a three quarters of an acre site, all new hard standings and electric hook ups. Ideal for the wet, cold winter months as this site is open all year. There's also a toilet.
The morning we were due to leave, we were delayed as we had to wait for Green Flag breakdown service to get us started. The owners were really friendly and told us there was no hurry, even though they had someone coming in for our pitch. The farmer was a real character, telling us there'd been a fair few breakdown callouts from the site!
Very handy for exploring the Malham area, with Malham village a few minutes drive away.
Unique Qualities: Peace and tranquility. The friendly owners and it's location.
Price: £8 a night for all of us, including electric.
Address: Hurries Farm, Otterburn, Malhamdale, Skipton, N.Yorks,BD23 4DY
Comparison: least expensive
Other Contact: Mr. Wellock
Phone: 01729 830291
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (10)
nickandchris' Related Pages
Malham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Spectacular Landscape - Shame About The Crowds.."
- "Glorious Malham"
- "A bit about Malham ...."
- "Mystical Malham"
- "MALHAM VIEWS"
- "Malham Cove"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malham
- Hotels in Malham
- Restaurants in Malham
- Shopping in Malham
- Warnings and Dangers in Malham
- See All...
Explore the World
- Travelodge Bangor Wales
- Hilton Fort Worth
- Hotel Wawel Tourist
- Morrison Hotel
- Mayfair Residence Apartments
- Innkeepers Lodge Castle Bromwich
- Cambridge Suites Hotel
- Iguazu Grand Resort, Spa & Casino
- Due Torri Hotel Baglioni
- Ersu Hotel
- Columbus Motor Inn
- Villa Varos
- Copthorne Hotel Cardiff Caerdydd
- Paragon Hotel
Badges & Stats in Malham
- 13 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Malham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malham
- Posted in Travel Lake District National Park Forum "Re: driving in the lake district"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gordale Scar"
- Wrote a Review Rock Climbing in Malham Sports & Outdoors
- updated a Malham Travel Page "A Spectacular Landscape - Shame About The Crowds.."
- Commented on one of leafmcgowan's Malham travel pages
Photos in MalhamSee All Photos (37)
Read real reviews about Malham Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 55 reviews, 269 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 69 reviews, 243 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 68 reviews, 244 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 51 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 189 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues
- Koroni Intro, 40 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues