Skipton Shopping Tips by nickandchris Top 5 Page for this destination
Skipton Shopping: 9 reviews and 31 photos
Bird Display, Skipton Market
Skipton's market is held Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday so there's every chance there'll be a market on if you are visiting!!!
Best to get in to town reasonably early to be sure of parking. Having said that, we had no problem parking in the motorhome at 10.54am, in the Town Hall carpark. I did notice the park was very full by the time we left, around 1.30pm.
Having gone to Skipton just with the intention of wandering round before a pub lunch and not being in the "buying" mood, I found the most interesting feature of the market was a bird of prey demonstration. I'm not sure how interesting the birds found the market, though!!
What to buy: The market sells a wonderful array of items, including deli. goods such as olives and dried and crystallised fruits. One thing which was very much evident was high viz. clothing!!!
What to pay: Probably no cheaper than the shops!!
Address: Skipton, North Yorkshire.
Directions: The market is set out on the High Street, along both sides.
Theme: Women's Clothes
More Reviews (10)
nickandchris' Related Pages
Skipton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Great place to visit"
- "A Nice Town"
- "Castles, Canals and Markets"
- "Yorkshire Delight"
- "Skipton... Sceap Tun... Sheep Town"
- "Sheep Day - July 2012"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Skipton
- Hotels in Skipton
- Transportation in Skipton
- Nightlife in Skipton
- Restaurants in Skipton
- Shopping in Skipton
- Warnings and Dangers in Skipton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skipton
- 11 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (101)
Have you been to Skipton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skipton
Photos in SkiptonSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cumbria Intro, 61 reviews, 299 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries and Galloway Intro, 72 reviews, 280 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Highland Intro, 56 reviews, 279 photos, 1 travelogue
- Scotland Intro, 71 reviews, 253 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prefecture of Lesvos Intro, 54 reviews, 268 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Intro, 53 reviews, 225 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yialova Intro, 55 reviews, 208 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake District National Park Intro, 43 reviews, 199 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paralion Astros Intro, 43 reviews, 176 photos, 5 travelogues